National Business Development Manager
The National Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, negotiating and closing new business opportunities. In addition, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of account specific business planning; achieving account profitability and sales targets; serving as the primary account contact as well as providing account leadership. This is a results driven position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing, monitoring and implementing a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Cultivates, maintains, and grows relationships with new and some established major and national accounts.
- Develop, present and implement new business.
- Maintaining Customer Relationship Management (CRM) portfolio.
- Works cross-functionally to quickly meet customer needs. Create and implement programs that will drive increased and sustainable revenue growth.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information of all national accounts in an effort to create a business plan of growth.
- Educates/promotes selling techniques and guidelines for national accounts to increase program awareness and sales.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Train customer sales staff on product features and benefits.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent is required.
- Minimum of four years industrial/manufacturing/distributing sales experience and direct account responsibility is required. National Account experience is preferred.
- Experience with national account sales and/or large account penetration, negotiation, and maintenance techniques is required.
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team building skills and techniques are required.
- Knowledge of e-business as it relates to national accounts is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to be able to interact effectively at all levels of an organization, from individual contributors to C-level
- High-energy, results driven, self-starter with good business acumen and self-discipline.
- Must display enthusiasm, perseverance, reliability, ethical standards, and strong selling skills.
- Strong Analytical skills, critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally.
- Maintain usual management skills of time, ability to respond, sense of urgency and ability to prioritize efforts.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight.