Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The National PMO Lead is expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices and process compliance in managing interrelated projects and programs to ensure successful delivery. This role will also ensure project resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
The National PMO Lead plays a critical role defining, managing and enforcing the delivery processes with the local PMO and National Practice delivery teams across all geographies. The primary goal of the PMO Lead is to achieve benefits from standardizing and following project management policies, processes and methods to be leveraged by multiple project/product owners. The PMO Lead is the functional leader of project delivery and governance process across the organization. The role will provide advice and guidance, monitoring and assurance, advocacy and education with respect to programs, projects, and their delivery, to leadership, project managers and staff at all levels.
A PMO Lead has strong leadership skills, strong change management skills, solid project management skills and has a proven track record managing multi-disciplinary teams delivering projects on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction. The PMO Lead partners with Technology, Design, Strategy, Account and Geography Leadership to ensure that project teams are working well together and using a ‘best-practice’ project delivery approach for all projects.
- Manage delivery process for all projects in order to drive excellence in our work
- Ensures that projects are implemented according to the Right(point) Way
- Provide hands-on support for project teams, ensuring projects are implemented using defined best practice project delivery approach
- Identifies Rightpoint delivery and process inefficiencies in order to initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed
- Ensure learnings from project retrospectives are used on future projects
- Leads the implementation and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery
- Maintains processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
- Develops and implements new systems and processes to optimize project delivery as required and within the framework of the Right(point) Way
- Ensures standardized and relevant document and process templates are available from a central repository for both the PMO and National Practice delivery team members
- Influences internal stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes, including process improvements, of the PMO
- Partners with the Finance and Client Finance team to ensure that project financials are accurate
- Manage training, onboarding and compliance for the delivery process
- Develops and maintains all training materials related to the Right(point) Way and other delivery processes
- Ensures that all PMO and National Practice delivery team members are trained on the Right(point) Way and other delivery processes
- Develops and maintains a consistent onboarding process for all PMO team members
- Ensures that all PMO team members are onboarded to the Right(point) Way and other delivery processes
- Supports the successful delivery of projects through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting
- Executes and documents Project Compliance Audits to ensure delivery teams are effectively using established processes and tools
- Manage National Project Management Meeting and Collaboration Series and knowledge sharing activities
- Manages the PMO National Monthly Meeting series including agenda definition, meeting facilitation and documentation
- Manages the PMO Chow and Chat Meeting series including agenda definition, meeting facilitation and documentation
- Facilitates sharing of best practices through informal communities of discipline, PMO collaboration and/or formal training sessions to enable a consistent approach across all projects and geographies
- Encourage knowledge transfer and lessons learned activities within the PMO and National Practice delivery teams to drive best practice development and process refinement
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience within relevant field
- Master’s degree in related field a plus
- Technical certifications and/or process related experience/certifications a plus (CSM, PMI, ITIL, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years of experience with escalating leadership experience in project management
- Experience in managing multiple programs/projects in a technology, professional services and/or digital agency environment
- Experience defining and implementing organizational and process improvements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Enthusiastic with exceptional organizational skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- Flexible PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.