Job Title: National Sales Manager - Packaging
We are hiring for a National Sales Manager (NSM) - Packaging to be located in the Midwest or the East coast. As the NSM of Packaging you will report to the VP of Sales US and be responsible for working with a Packaging Specialist Team, to increase total territory sales through new account acquisition, and new product penetration in existing customers. The NSM Packaging will sell the companys products and/or services by establishing value added relationships with their customers, maximizing customer satisfaction and the territorys profitability. Furthermore, you will focus on flexo plates, inks, analogue and digital equipment for the packaging marketplace.
Furthermore, you will perform a broad range of sales management functions leading a team of five to identify and evaluate specific account opportunities, develop and execute strategies and plans to penetrate and grow the packaging market flexo plate, inks, analogue and digital equipment. Achieve or exceed segment sales and profit objectives.
Our client is forming a packaging sales team to supply unique solutions to the packaging industry including flexo plates, flexo inks, Illumina LED curing systems, processors, pre-press workflow, flexo CTP system and more. The company has a great track record of entering and quickly growing new segments, this is a ground-floor opportunity for the right candidate to join an elite team.
Some of the responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Provide coaching and direction that lead to improved sales and profitability of the Packaging Specialist Team
- Plan, organize and monitor the performance of qualified sales personnel and ensure they are properly trained in their respective roles and are meeting established goals
- Ensure customer pricing and rebates are set at levels that meet or exceed company profit targets
- Actively participate in sales calls with company Sales Managers
- Manage the deployment and use of company fixed assets within the sales area
- Meet or exceed designated sales and profit targets
- Prepare required sales, product forecast, and budget reports
- Coordinates support efforts with marketing, logistics, accounting, technical support, and sales management.
- Manages salesforce.com to ensure data properly reflects territory activity and opportunity, with accurate customer profile, share opportunity, assets, agreements, and contact details.
- Direct involvement with development of financial package for customers and prospects, as well as presentation of financial package
- Establishes, develops, and maintains valued business relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Develop ongoing target list of prospective customers
- Conduct bi-weekly Salesforce funnel reviews with team members
- Responsible for tracking equipment installs to insure monthly revenue targets
- Facilitate the resolution of escalated client issues as needed
- Coordinate and communicate sales issues with Distribution Centers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provides written and oral feedback to management on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential needs for new products and services.
- Educates themselves around product applications, market conditions, technology changes, market trends, sales process improvements, and other position related requirements through company and industry provided materials
- Control territory costs within established budgets levels for T&E, auto, IT, consigned equipment, sample product, and other areas as determined by the company.
- Provide effective and efficient administration to ensure compliance with all applicable Company policies, procedures, and practices
- Participate in recruitment and selection of qualified staff, monitor and evaluate performance, initiate personnel actions as appropriate
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years sales experience (& territory management)
- Previous experience managing and leading a team
- Previous Packaging industry experience
- Current technical knowledge of product offerings
- Ability to communicate with vendors and clients in an efficient and professional manner
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of distribution practices and products related to Graphic Arts and printing industry
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to interact with and influence various levels of management within the assigned account base.
- Excellent cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, support, sales, service, and management)
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Knowledge of principles of organization administration, budget, supervision and training
- Possess necessary skills/attributes to include excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Familiarity with a CRM e.g. Salesforce
- Travel approximately 60%
- Valid Drivers License
- 5+ years management experience
- Extensive knowledge of the Packaging Marketplace and flexo plates
- Proven leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and demonstrate good use of independent judgment
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Ability to work with a high level of integrity and with minimal supervision