DRINKS is the online leader in adult beverage, reinventing wine buying for the 21st century. Through its pioneering Wine as a Service (WaaS) platform and Direct to Consumer (DTC) properties, DRINKS brings thousands of award-winning wines safely and conveniently to millions of customers across the United States in 1-2 days.
DRINKS created a new way to build a direct relationship with consumers by opening up the beverage alcohol category for online shopping. The company’s WaaS platform allows any company or brand to launch its own ship-to-home wine program quickly and easily, enabling our partners — including Fortune 20 and industry-leading digital marketers — to reach 96% of adults in the U.S. The company’s DTC division, featuring storefronts Wine Insiders and Martha Stewart Wine Co., is the nation’s largest online wine marketplace by volume.
DRINKS powers this unique ecosystem with its patented enterprise technology, including the ability to customize merchandising and deliver unique recommendations and messaging for each shopper.
We are proud to work with top influencers and tastemakers coupled with high-quality wine producers from around the world. DRINKS’ data-driven wine sourcing engine delivers exceptional unit economics for WaaS partners, with private label packaging designs informed by machine learning and optimized for online consumer appeal.
Forbes named DRINKS America’s 18th best startup employer in 2020.
The National Wine Brands Manager’s primary focus is to manage wine products and relationships in our national brands category. We are looking for a passionate self-starter to join our growing Wine Strategy team to ensure to support the continued growth of the Company. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience as a retail buyer for a large regional or national outlet or has worked in the distributor tier with national brands. This position reports to the Director of Wine Strategy and is a regular, full-time, exempt position based out of our beautiful Los Angeles office.
What You'll Do
- Develop professional, productive partnership relationships with wineries and distribution businesses
- Clearly communicate the strategy of DRINKS Wine as a Service “WaaS” platform in relation to national brand procurement
- Ensure execution of the developed strategies, objectives, and goals
- Develop and negotiate COGs strategy unique to nationally-branded products
- Coordinate the procurement of national brands with internal and external departments
- Develop and maintain an accounts database for all nationally branded products
- Active, knowledgeable participation in departmental and inter-departmental meetings
- Work with demand planning management in order to maintain proper inventory levels of national branded products
- Analyze reports to generate adequate and timely orders based on estimate depletion rates
- Complete other special projects as needs arise and as requested
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the adult beverage industry preferably as a retail buyer for a large regional or national outlet or at the distributor tier
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business, Marketing, Supply Chain/Operations or other relevant fields preferred
- Strong foundation of the adult beverage market including understanding of state-specific 3-tier system, supplier relations, market structure, seasonality, key risks, and general knowledge of alcohol beverage supply chain
- Strong track record of wholesale/retail relationship building with key wineries/distributors of national presence
- Strong presentation, analytical, planning, organizational, merchandising, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work full-time in our Los Angeles office
Bonus points for
- Experience with NetSuite, Blue Ridge or other ERPs a plus
- Knowledge of TTB best practices a plus
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health coverage, 401k with company match, paid parking or monthly commuter incentive, paid parental leave, weekly catered lunches, wine tastings and happy hours, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer 12 paid Holidays and a generous vacation policy.