Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity?
Join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented minds within our Enterprise Technology and Innovation teams. As a Salient CRGT employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation’s most critical missions.
Why Salient CRGT?
We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Field Engineer candidate will provide USCIS user support at remote locations on assigned open tickets and work in collaboration with the Service Desk. The Field Engineer is responsible for resolving customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain customer satisfactions. The Field Engineer installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment. The Field Engineer will have the ability to make replacement cables from raw cable and RJ-45 connectors. Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers’ needs. The following are principal duties of the Field Engineer:
- Deskside Support which includes
- Provide on-site support for deployment and security remediation functions
- Gather analyze, and report end-user support trends
- Analysis, testing and modification of computer hardware systems and software based on consultations with users and system design specifications
- Updating registry values, installing/configuring/updating computer operating systems
- Utilizing remote management to diagnose/modify update computer programs/software and computer systems
- Provide desktop, application and network application incident resolution
- Manage user installation and relocations requests
- Asset Inventory Support
- Conduct physical inventory of assets
- Conduct scheduled and random electronic inventories
- Assist in receiving and receipting property
- Transfer of property to other organizations
- Process computer equipment for excess and disposition
- Disposal Preparation Support
- Ensure disposal policies and procedures are employed
- Ensure every device is wiped/degaussed prior to site removal
- Encryption Services
- Administer and manage encryption tools application server
- Ensure laptops are properly encrypted
- Encrypt laptops discovered without encryption
- Provide password recovery for encrypted device
- Video Conferencing and Audio/Video O&M
- Troubleshoot system problems and repairs
- Work with support staff for remote troubleshooting and repairs
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and Video Conference units
- Set up, ensure functionality, be available during events and shut down video conferences
- Local On-Site Cabling
- Restart wiring closet cabling electronics including switches or other network devices
- Replace defective cabling electronics and simple replacement of defective cabling electronics and components such as switch blades
- Overseas Site Support (Depends on Position)
- Wireless Services
- Assist users with mobile communication devices (mobile phones, broadband cards, Blackberrys, and laptops) with incident support tickets
- Provide Tier 2 support in the field which includes hardware troubleshooting and OS re-install, Blackberry Exchange Server connection verification and equipment swapping support
- Service Center Services
- Ensure IT services are rendered/tested for telework users using VPN and CITRIX services
- Provide remote support services for telework/home users
- Support pre/post application releases
- Account Management Services
- Hardware Incident Resolution
- Identify and resolve hardware incidents and service requests of a consumable part
- US Citizen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience troubleshooting software and hardware in a customer service role to include a high degree of technical proficiency and excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
Minimum 6 months’ experience troubleshooting Apple Macintosh software and hardware in a customer service role
- Certification in UNIX and Microsoft Operating Systems or 3 years experience troubleshooting, installing, and configuring UNIX and MS systems.
- Familiarity with LANDesk remote resolution and with using LANDesk to push packages to workstations to complete software installation
- Familiarity with CLAIMS 3 (C3) system
- CompTIA Network+ certification
- CompTIA A+ certification
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.