On the surface we’re a B2B SaaS company in the security, internet of things (IoT), and smart home space. We’ve been around since 2001, have a nice legacy, and we’re consistently growing. However, we don’t want to give the impression we’ve “made” it. We still have big things to do. The IoT and smart home space is growing exponentially and we’re poised to be a big part of that growth. We’re working hard to build a company filled with people that are:
- Bold - Life is too short to play it safe. We believe we can do hard things and we find joy in those struggles. We don’t shy from crazy, ambitious goals - it’s the only way we become who we want to be.
- Bright - We’re problem solvers. We mix a love for big challenges with intelligent analysis, and then sprinkle in a bit of hustle for good measure. Combining experience and passion from a number of disciplines, we’re building a team to win.
- Loyal - A team only wins when they work together. We celebrate each other’s successes. We invest in our partners and show them in every way possible that we believe in their potential. Every personal victory is another step forward for the rest of us.
- Real - We speak directly, simply, and truthfully with each other and with our partners - transparency over trickery, honesty before animosity. When we’re comfortable and candid with each other, we’ll do our best work.
Imagine what you could do here. We’re building products that people use every day of their lives - products that keep families safe and connected; products that add convenience and ease to lives. This position is for someone who can invest their passion and ingenuity into the idea of elevating our products, colleagues, and customers. It’s about fulfillment through shared victory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Migrating a current hybrid mobile app to a new native application, using industry best practices
- Writing code coverage and unit tests for the new native application
- Creating custom themed versions of the new native application
- Adding additional features to the existing hybrid mobile application
- Identify next actions, communicate intent, and execute. We're a fast-paced team, so a results-driven mentality is critical.
- Self-starter, self-teacher. Our team is made up of driven, largely self-taught engineers. A constant thirst to build your knowledge base is critical. We would also expect to be learning a lot from you.
- Ownership thinking. Can take ownership and make decisions. Passion and self-motivation are key. We don't micromanage, you'll be expected to own and deliver.
- The desire to build something great and bring technical solutions to people to solve their problems
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in iOS development (RxSwift and or functional programming experience)
- Some experience with Objective-C, C++ and C mobile frameworks
- Some experience in Android development (Java and/or Kotlin)
- Experience programmatically interacting with device hardware including GPS, NFC, camera, accelerometer, and/or microphone
- Experience with RESTful APIs using XML, JSON, and other data formats
- Experience with testing frameworks and integrating regression testing/writing unit tests
- Experience with source control systems such as Git
- Some experience with hybrid mobile frameworks (Cordova, Ionic 3, React Native, etc...)
- Ability to understand and maintain existing complex code bases
- Ability to design and develop back-end services to support mobile applications (i.e. Node, Docker, etc...)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently in a team environment
- Rapid adoption of new systems and languages
Medical and Dental Insurance
Employment Type: Full-Time, in-house position at our office in Lehi, UT
SecureNet Technologies is a leader in the connected home and automation space.
Our SecureNet custom application is the most responsive interactive security and automation app in the security market. SecureNet’s mobile app and web portal provides complete control over security systems, lights, locks, thermostats, cameras, Z-WAVE and other IoT connected devices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.