The Role: Reporter, Natural Gas
The Location: Arlington, Virginia
Grade (internal use only): G9
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an enterprising journalist to cover regulatory, operational and financial news related to the natural gas industry in the United States.
The successful candidate will be adept at identifying the most important news developments in the sector, reporting on breaking news and crafting proprietary stories on key industry trends. In addition, our reporters provide on-the-ground coverage of hearings, shareholder meetings, conferences and other significant events.
The team: With more than 300 journalists across five continents, S&P Global Market Intelligence is rapidly growing its coverage of financial and sector news. You will work closely with editors and journalists around the world. We are the foremost provider of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
The impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes policymakers, utilities, pipeline operators and many leading financial players.
What's in it for you:
- Grow personally and professionally on a rewarding career path.
- Competitive benefits including four weeks of paid vacation, 18 weeks paid parental leave and generous tuition reimbursement.
- Learn about the market dynamics of an important commodity for the U.S.
- Increase your responsibilities through reporting, mentoring and editorial leadership.
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts.
- Be part of a team that has a deep knowledge and passion about the industry sectors it covers.
- Work in a group with a cooperative and engaging culture.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Cover spot news.
- Write feature-length and long-form data-driven stories.
- Establish and build on relationships with sources, including industry authorities and analysts.
- Monitor news releases, third-party reports and regulatory filings and write related briefs.
- Cover conference calls with company executives.
- Attend conferences and events.
What we're looking for:
- Strong writing and reporting skills, along with excellent news judgment
Experience operating in a real-time news environment
- Experience with breaking news coverage
- Experience with feature writing
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the natural gas industry.
- Experience covering regulatory, financial or legal developments.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.