Natural Language Processing Engineer(
Never settle for less. Chubb Group provides insurance and reinsurance for a diverse group of clients around the world and a broad array of sophisticated property, casualty, accident and health, and financial products, and risk management services to corporate and consumer clients across the U.S.
Chubb Group is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success. With our strong capital base, financial stability, diversified earnings stream and multinational operating platform, we offer an excellent opportunity for your future growth and development.
The position will be based in Philadelphia, PA and will be a part of the External Risk team which is a part of the Enterprise Risk Unit (ERU) that provides support to Chubb. The ERU is part of the Corporate Analytics and Risk Management group under the overall direction of the Chubb Chief Risk Officer and Chief Digital Officer.
The candidate will provide the Enterprise Risk team technological expertise regarding the acquisition, processing, and utilization of external data relevant to risks faced by the Chubb enterprise. The candidate will be responsible for developing projects that utilize Natural Language Processing and other AI techniques to quantify risks relevant to Chubb. At any one time multiple projects may be ongoing, so the ability to shift focus quickly from one project to the other is necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in the P&C insurance industry with a strong understanding of underwriting and/or claims disciplines
- 3 years’ experience with unstructured text data acquisition and Natural Language Processing (NLP) frameworks and standards
- Experience and/or knowledge of R or Python. Experience with both is strongly preferred
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms. Experience implementing machine learning into business processes preferred
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Analysis, Big Data Platforms and SQL Server database programming
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related field; Advanced Mathematical course completion a plus
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art data visualization techniques
- Ability to multi-task with little supervision and work in a complex, deadline oriented environment.
- Self-motivated passionate technical professional, able to provide realistic time estimates and driven to achieve committed milestones
- Possess a desire to learn, a drive to improve and a natural curiosity about how things work and why things are done in a certain way
- Experience performing cyber security or risk management assessments
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of stochastic modeling techniques
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) or other insurance designation
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply. For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website, http://www.chubb.com/
Please direct any questions regarding this opportunity to Kieran Welsh-Phillips, 312-889-5330, Kieran.email@example.com
Philadelphia - 436 Walnut St