LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way,” which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work” for 14 years running! Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Navigation Systems Technician
If you are an experienced Navigation Systems Technician, come join our Federal Solutions Group, In-Service Engineering team in San Diego, CA. As Navigation Systems Technician, you will support the U.S. Navy in the troubleshooting, repair and testing of Navigation and Steering Control systems. The selected candidate will be interfacing with U.S. Navy civilian engineers, program managers and logisticians as well as equipment manufacturers. Additional duties may be assigned, including but not limited to logistics, material, and safety responsibilities as it relates to position.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Functioning as a test technician, provide installation and testing support, development of simulation equipment, and system setups/tests
- Perform corrective, preventive maintenance and troubleshoot using blueprints, drawings, and diagrams to resolve equipment performance issues on IBS, IBNS, ABS, SCS and S-IBS on various ship class platforms in San Diego waterfront.
- Perform software and hardware testing while developing test procedures
- Strong focus on distance support/troubleshooting as well as on-site support for the various class ships.
- Install and debug navigation systems aboard US Navy ships
- Interface with OEMs and vendors to prepare equipment for installation, testing and troubleshooting.
- High School Diploma or Trade/Industrial School Diploma (or GED Equivalent) and/or related six (6) years of military experience
- Six (6) years of professional experience as an Engineering Technician
- Previous IBS or Steering Controls troubleshooting experience preferred
- Experience with analog synchro systems, and both RS-232 and RS-422 digital serial data systems
- Computer networking experience/familiarity
- LAN setup/DHCP/IP configuration settings
- TCP/IP, UDP, routing tables, network diagnostics, LAN troubleshooting
- Linux and C/C++ experience desired
- Windows Operating System experience/familiarity
- Windows NT/2000/XP
- Windows 10
- Windows setup/manipulation/troubleshooting
- Permission settings, Group Policy, Registry manipulation
- Computer hardware experience/familiarity
- Building PCs, PC repair, diagnosing hardware problems
- Hard drive replacement/memory upgrades/etc.
- NAVSEA Cable-Way and Copper Connector Certifications preferred
- Fiber Optic Installer, Termination/Test, and QA Inspector preferred
- IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies Certification preferred
- Must have or be able to attain an adult CPR/First Aid certification
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience
- Meet operational requirements and meet minimum credential requirements IAW DoD 8570.01M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, DoD 8140.01, Cybersecurity Workforce Management, SECNAV 5239.2-M, Cyberspace Information Technology and Cybersecurity Workforce Management and Qualification Manual. (Minimum Security+ Certification)
- The position may require up to 10% travel.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
- Maneuvering around tight spaces in a shipboard environment
- Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
For information on how LCE is keeping employees safe and continuing to provide uninterrupted support to our clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, read our updatehere.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth becauseLCE's success depends on the talent, innovation, professionalism, and commitment of its employees.LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths intoorganizational performance that supports our clients' success.
- Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
- Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
- Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
- Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
- Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, because of or on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by applicable state law. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.