West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking a full time NCLEX / Coach Instructor, RN
. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Reporting directly to the Associate Dean of Nursing Academics Dean, the Instructor, Nursing (Undergraduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals by focusing extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Further provides professional leadership and support as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator in order to create an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity and supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations.
- Must have the minimum higher education background required by the program. Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, current clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required.
- Graduates from the West Coast University Master of Science in Nursing program who meet the minimum experience requirement as a registered nurse are eligible for consideration as a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License in state with no pending actions against one’s license required; other current professional licensure by state or national board if applicable (e.g., Family Nurse Practitioner, FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Two or more year’s prior experience (minimum of 30 teaching credits of instruction, or 10 3-unit courses or equivalent) in teaching in a university or college setting required as defined by University’s faculty handbook.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation, state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other regulators and/or accreditation bodies.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.