Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The Nondestructive Testing Technician II performs nondestructive testing on various types of metals using dye penetrant and radiographic techniques and equipment.
- Set up and operate radiographic, ultrasonic and liquid penetrant equipment.
- Direct and carry out tests in the method certified.
- Set up and calibrate equipment. Read and interpret indications. Evaluate with reference to applicable standards, specifications and contracting agency documents.
- Thorough familiarity with the scope and limitations of the method. Apply detailed techniques to products or parts.
- Know practical theory. Use manuals and source books for assistance in utilizing techniques.
- Be aware of the need for and the limitations of reference standards.
- Be familiar with the type and location of expected defects for the manufacturing process.
- Administer the NDE operations for which qualified and to which assigned and shall interpret and evaluate results in terms of existing codes, standards and specifications.
- Complete associated NDE documentation for submission to regulatory agencies as governed by company and contract requirements.
- Develop X-ray film.
- Maintain, adjust, and make minor repairs to NDE equipment as required.
- Conduct radiation surveys.
- Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Train and guide Level I and trainee personnel as assigned, when designated by a Level III certified in the applicable method(s).
- Must be able to pass subject exams during the course of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education / Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 32 hours classroom training for Penetrant and 80 hours for Radiography.
- Objective evidence or letters of verification of previous NDT work experience and levels of responsibility.
- 8-10 years of experience in related NDT methods, preferred
Notice: This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms