A TOWN WHERE EVERY DETAIL, FROM VISION TO EXECUTION, MAKES LUXURY SEEM SIMPLE.
From the moment one views the iconic butteries and towering palms lining the center of our beach town, there is an unrivaled sense of escape. Alys Beach is carefully crafted to celebrate the public realm of streets, parks, pedestrian paths, and great civic buildings in a manner reminiscent of the world’s most beloved seaside towns. In recognition of the strong draw of the sea, our streets orient to the beach, guaranteeing views to the Gulf and cooling sea breezes.
Alys Beach is a groundbreaking community located along the Gulf of Mexico on Florida’s panhandle coast, six miles east of Seaside on Scenic Highway 30A. Planned by Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company, Alys Beach is a Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) whose architectural vision has its roots in the style of Bermuda architecture and in the courtyards of Antigua, Guatemala, the colonial capital of Central America.
Alys Beach is in the early stages of town building. Our purpose is to evolve along with your family, maintaining the timeless traditions of sustainability and the highest standards of design and construction. Come join us in creating a special place to live, visit, relax, and play.
Alys Beach is seeking an experienced Bartender. This position is located at Neat Tasting Room & Bottle Shop, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. Neat is a very unique experience with a team service mentality. The Bartender is one of the most important members of our service team. The persons applying for this job should be full of energy, have a positive outlook, and an aptitude for genuine hospitality.
- Utilize proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Take beverage orders from service staff or directly from patrons. Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Take meal/drink orders and serve meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules. Clean bars, work areas, and tables. Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Maintain or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Collect money for drinks served. Balance cash receipts.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol. Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- 1 Year Full-Service Bar / Restaurant Experience.
- Strong Beverage knowledge. Beer/Wine/Liquor.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry plates, trays of glasses, and lift glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Ability to tolerate some exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to perform basic math functions. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Cicerone Level 1 certification.
- Wine certification. Level 1 Court of Master Sommelier.
- Mixology course.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Panama City
Job Segment:HVAC, Operations