Vidant Medical Center - Greenville
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, North Carolina is seeking a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to provide care to preterm and term newborn infants in the NICU. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a level IV center, consists of 52 NICU Beds and a 20 bed step down unit. Vidant Children’s Hospital is the only tertiary facility in eastern North Carolina designed especially for pediatric patients and includes ECMO and pediatric surgery programs. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
- Multidisciplinary approach including NNP’s, Neonatologists, Neonatology Fellows and Residents
- Collaboration with the attending physician to set the plan of care
- High level of autonomy
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement programs
- Potential opportunity for academic responsibilities
- Ability to work with advanced technology (e.g. nitric oxide, pediatric specialists)
- Participation in teaching and rounds for the Brody School of Medicine residents on neonatal service
- Dedicated children’s transport team
Job Requirements include:
- Licensure as Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- NCC certification as Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, including maintenance
- Current unrestricted RN licensure
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. , The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. , Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! , Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Steven Mitchell at (252)847-2038 or Steven.Mitchell@Vidanthealth.com.