Expected Weekly Hours:40
Job Description Details:
Responsible for the coordination and delivery of care in an acute/clinic/office setting including assessing and managing patients following established standard procedures. Responsible for assessment and on-going case management as well as communication with the physician.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Uses appropriate critical thinking skills to make independent decisions commensurate with the autonomy, authority and responsibility of a Nurse Practitioner.
4. Performs complete, accurate history and physical assessment as appropriate for patient setting/type of visit.
5. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan. Accurately completes all documentation.
6. Responsible for communication with physician regarding variations and evaluation of patient outcomes.
7. Collaborate with physician and other members of the health care team in managing acute and long term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
8. Completes simple and complex procedures independently. Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidance.
9. Delegates care within scope of practice.
10. Uses advanced knowledge and skills in teaching and guiding patients, their families and/or other health team members. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
11. Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness in handling schedule coverage and service excellence.
12. Maintains patient confidentiality.
13. Availability to Maternal Child Services to foster continuous improvement, supervise education and participate in administrative functions.
14. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Graduate of an accredited school for professional nursing with BSN degree required. MSN preferred. Successful completion of practitioner program. National certification preferred.
Licensure: RN Indiana license. Indiana Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) License and Indiana CSR. CPR and NRP certification.
Experience: Nurse Practitioner experience preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organization policies, regulations and procedures to administer care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
Must posses the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Must posses the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and establish/maintain effective working relationships wit patients, medical staff and public.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.