.Net Application Developer
- Job Label:
This position requires a full understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for enterprise wide systems and requires strong end-to-end design and development experience. The senior application developer thrives working in a team environment and can rapidly deliver high quality applications in an Agile environment while adhering to our standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops code based on business requirements or user stories, of moderate complexity.
- Conducts robust unit testing to ensure deliverables match the design and provide support for subsequent release testing.
- Develops, maintains, and provides technical expertise to transfer knowledge, document processes, and create a knowledge base for implementations.
- Proactively helps identify and develop IT policies and procedures surrounding IT quality and governance and their respective data ensuring proper oversight, security and resilience in area of responsibility.
- Ensures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential QA tools (e.g., QA data base, test system environment and software).
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Continually helps evolve our application development processes and standards.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Four or more years of application development experience in an enterprise environment
- Two or more years’ experience using Agile methodology.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in developing small and medium scale projects including web based, Windows desktop, console, and windows service applications using of Microsoft’s .Net framework, MVC, and C# language. Would be helpful to be familiar with Web Forms as we migrate away from it.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL, database and table design, normalization techniques, triggers, stored procedures, and functions and their use in application development and HTML 5 web sites.
- Displays knowledge of S.O.L.I.D. principles of object-oriented programming and demonstrates practical application of the principles.
- Knowledge and experience recognizing and applying design patterns.
- Functional knowledge of the HTTP pipeline.
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Functional knowledge of networking, TCP-IP stack and security
- Experience with developing commercial grade applications using secure coding practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into application systems or processes.
- Ability to apply industry standard software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software, systems, and programming languages.
- Must have a passion for growing technical skills and solving complex business issues.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to handle multiple requests simultaneously
- Preferred experience with the Financial Advisory industry, its products, and services.
- Must be located in the Sacramento area
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (we are not sponsoring H-1B visas at this time)
Hanson McClain Advisors (www.HansonMcClain.com) is an independent investment financial advisory firm that specializes in retirement planning, investment advising, and 401(k) management with a direct approach to financial planning. Hanson McClain delivers long- and short-term investment planning solutions and advice to help clients achieve their goals and plan strategically for retirement.
We value our employees’ time and effort. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive base pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, Retirement Benefit – 401K and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the firm. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
- Related Keywords:
- SDLC, Agile, .Net, Applications, Developer, SQL, system design, software, HTTP pipeline, computer science, information technology,