Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a .Net Developer to work within one of our large clients in the Columbia, SC area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Brooke Hileman at BHileman@apexsystems.com if you're interested in learning more about this role! To view all jobs from Apex, and/or sign up to receive posting alerts that match your criteria, join our Talent Network via http://itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com/.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team environment comprised of staff to assist with the remediation and upgrade of administration transactional systems residing on agency servers migrated to the Data Center. Emphases for the Programmer candidates will be on the modernization of legacy computer systems associated with Administrative systems, assist with modifications of those computer systems to ensure upgrade compatibility from older to newer platform environments, application modifications to meet state and agency security standards, assist with application evaluation and build specifications, and implement industry standards following the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Specific Programmer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned.
• Modernization of legacy computer systems to ASP .Net MVC environment.
• Modification of existing computer systems to be compliant with agency security requirements.
• Migration and modification of existing computers systems in older environments to newer platform environments following industry best practices.
• Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
• Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
• Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
• All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN.
• Ensure applications are compatible in major web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
• Ensure supporting system database connection strings are updated to support database migration from DB2 to SQL database.
• Add required functionality to existing systems to retire active mainframe forms and streamline backend process where possible.
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
• Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place and remediation to system environment residing at the State IT Data Center.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
• Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
• Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
• Provide updates to the Project Team.
• Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
6. SQL SERVER
8. TORTOISE SVN
9. RDLC REPORTING
10. VISUAL STUDIO 2010/2012
11. WEB SERVICES
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
2. AD-HOC reporting skills
3. Administrative system experience related to human resource practices, Financial Billing, and data security practices for PI and PHI
4. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
5. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
6. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
7. Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178