As a Senior Developer you will work both independently, and in a team with other developers with a focus on writing code and developing applications leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies. The team is responsible for enhancing and maintain existing customer-facing applications as well as designing and developing new tools to enhance our brand. Specifically, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivery and support of custom Web Applications.
- Analyzes, evaluates and documents user requests for new and modified systems and programs
- Provides architecture direction and establishment of system development protocols
- Manage the efficient and effective applications and tools consistent with established specifications and business requirements.
- Collaborate with Operations, Technical Leads and Subject Matter Experts in the technical assessment of new designs and development work.
- Provides technical support for user issues; troubleshoots problems and takes corrective action on a timely, effective basis.
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing environment and priorities.
- Motivation to take ownership of tasks and the determination to drive them to completion.
- Develops applications that are proof-of-concepts that showcase the capabilities of the application and provide creative solutions for our customer.
- Participation in a Scrum/Agile process.
- In-depth knowledge of design patterns, web standards and best practices (development and support)
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand others and clearly express thoughts.
- Ability to produce high quality work deliverables with high attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, independent and takes on the initiative to learn new technologies
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years recent experience in application development with Microsoft .NET stack and latest versions of MVC, with ASP.NET, C#, Web Forms, Web Services (XML, SOAP, WCF) and Oracle (SQL, PLSQL)
- Required experience with Oracle, LINQ, Entity Framework, SOA, MVC, MVVM, Knockout, Web Services, REST