Join a high performing and growing digital team who are responsible for developing and implementing a strategy to reach and engage target audiences through digital channels like web, mobile, and social. You will learn cutting edge tools, have a role on interesting multi-discipline projects and be a part of a leading CRM agency.
JOB SCOPE & PURPOSE
The .NET Engineer is responsible for providing web-based, consumer-focused application development to Targetbase’s marketing clients. This typically includes marketing intelligence focused micro-sites, data centric APIs, email landing pages, and marketing focused dashboards. This requires both technical and business skills that include technical requirements, documentation, and development as part of the complete software development life cycle (SDLC). The .NET Engineers has a solid Object Oriented (OO) background with proven abilities to design and implement OO projects utilizing appropriate design artifacts.
- Develops data-driven websites, standalone web services, APIs, and proprietary web-based tools using .NET technologies
- Based on business requirements, develops detailed technical requirements; identifies missing details in the business requirements and engages the appropriate resource(s) for clarification
- Develops unit test cases and ensures successful test completion before delivery to QA team (unit tests should be thorough and cover set/accessor methods in addition to all functions dealing with business logic)
- Coordinates with QA team to ensure quality deliverables; this includes delivering bug fixes, documentation, and appropriate dependency information with every release
- Utilizes agile development methodology to develop iteration plan (sprints) and adheres to appropriate role definitions
- Consistently commits code updates to guarantee safety of code artifacts and also to minimize code dependency impact to other team members
- Contributes to the project estimation process
- Executes multitask projects ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are completed in a timely fashion
- Communicates requirements and status with other teams and competencies on an ongoing basis
- Quality and overall impact of deliverables: Strives to achieve executional excellence. Follows best practices such as good code commenting and separation of concerns. Delivers applications on time with all scoped functionality. Demonstrates quality through organization skills.
- Team and/or client feedback and satisfaction: Demonstrates a collaborative spirit and receives unsolicited, positive feedback
- Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and competency: Contributes to the growth of others. Number one focus is on client’s business. Respect for the individual is at the core of all team interactions. Focuses on solutions versus challenges.
- Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate knowledge of his/her core competency and Targetbase’s integrated service offerings. Understands a technology-centric agency.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 3-5 years of .NET experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume agency environment is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Internet Information Services (IIS) is preferred
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Development Tools/Platform
- Visual Studio 2008 & 2010
- Functional knowledge of IIS
- Front-End/Web Technologies
- XML/SOAP/Web Services/WCF/RESTful Services
- AJAX (MS Ajax Toolkit)
- Charting Components
- Telerik (RadControls)
- .NET Charting
- Data Access/Object-Relational Tools
- Microsoft LINQ (a plus)
- SQL Server
- Oracle (strong plus)
- Object Oriented design - demonstrable knowledge of design patterns
- Overtime as necessary
- After hours on-call as necessary