Veritude is looking for a .NET Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Smithfield, RI.
Fidelity Institutional Asset Management (FIAM) located in Smithfield, Rhode Island has a current opportunity for a Software Engineer/Developer. This individual contributor role is part of the FIAM Sales Technology Team that supports several front-end user applications as well as a robust middleware application. Projects may be complex in scope and multiple projects will be underway simultaneously.
- Understand business requirements, contribute to complex software solutions, work constructively with other developers and be committed to the highest-level quality.
- Work closely with the user community and other technical groups in a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment.
- Develop original and creative technical solutions to ongoing development efforts
- QA/test all project work
- Work under moderate direction
- Develop comprehensive documentation for multiple applications supporting several corporate initiatives
- Provide application support by serving as an on-call resource in support of the organization’s service and escalation model
- Acquire a full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, system testing, problem resolution, project planning and release management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of professional software development experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with VB.NET or .NET Framework
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with C#
- A minimum of one year with Visual Studio 2015 or 2017
- A minimum of one year with WPF
- A minimum of one year with WCF
- A minimum of one year with REST and/or MS Web API
- Experience with relational databases, specifically Oracle
- Experience with XML, HTML
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical and design skills and excellent problem solving/debugging ability
- Outstanding Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and n-tiered architectures
- Strong SQL skills including performance tuning
- Experience with Microsoft UI and business service solution development
- Knowledge of MVVM design pattern a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, for status reports, project plans and summaries