GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Under the general supervision of the Information Technology Manager, the hands-on Lead Software Architect will lead the team responsible for designing, developing, and supporting the Company’s SharePoint portal, Shop floor automation and ERP integration. This includes the identification and implementation of new applications, features and automation technologies. Have to be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and able to design and build cutting edge products and technology.
• Plan and develop the Architectural Roadmap in support of upcoming business features and capabilities
• Lead the architecture and technical design for SharePoint and .Net Applications including legacy VB6 applications
• Assist with application design and development of new software or extensive revisions to existing systems
• Defines product requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms
• Work with customers, and suppliers to establish high-level solutions; establish the information models and documentation requirements
• Oversee all phases of project from conception to completion
• Provide risk assessment
• Ensure projects are completed within budget and on time
• Develop project-tracking and variance reports
• Performs other related duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in and a measured aptitude for computer programming.
• 8+ years of experience in .Net programming
• 5+ years of SharePoint Administration
• 5+ years of relational database knowledge, MS Sql, Oracle, etc.
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be a self-starter, able to work both independently and as a team member.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.