The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join its Information Technology (IT) team. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment with a team of software developers responsible for all aspects of software development of enterprise applications for the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for merging multi-site user community needs with available resources to develop and implement solutions that continue to add functionality , increase capacity, and improve performance of the IT services being provided.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, testing and maintaining enterprise software applications.
- Being an effective contributor to individual and team application development efforts by remaining on-task and on-schedule.
- Designing and developing applications from use cases and functional requirements.
- Participating or leading in the development of corporate standards, and complying with existing corporate and industry standards.
- Resolving escalated Help Desk issues as they relate to software development.
- Cross training and educating other application developers.
- Investigating, recommending and implementing new technologies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience; or
Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft .NET framework including ASP.Net Core, ASP.NET MVC, C# and Entity Framework. Extensive experience in other languages or frameworks such as Java, JEE, C and C## will also be considered.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio as a .NET development environment.
- An excellent understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles and software lifecycle models.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution experience and skills.
- Knowledge or experience in building secure applications.
- An understanding of network concepts.
Job Preferred Skills
- Familiarity, knowledge or experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Web API development
- Unit testing and testing frameworks.
- Development front-end build tools.
- Source control tools.
- Application lifecycle management tools.
- Ability to design and implement tables, views, procedures, constraints, and relationships.
- Experience in hardening applications or systems through the implementation of Cyber Security principles, policies and requirements.
- Experience working across groups or physical locations in a collaborative environment.
- Strong teaming, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Prior project management experience, demonstrated leadership, and ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse teams.