Core Values: Ethics, Professionalism, Encouragement, Innovation
$76,900 - $107,700
This position contributes to the overall success of information technology (IT) services which support Jeffcom, its member and user agencies, and organizations connected via a wide area fiber optic network. Primary responsibilities include activities related to enterprise-level network design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring. Other duties will include hardware, software, and systems support within a large communications center.
Works under the general supervision of the System Administrator.
Essential Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
(The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed, and are in no way construed or perceived to be exhaustive. The employee may also be required to perform additional functions and duties as assigned.)
- Design, install, configure, and maintain networks of medium to large scale.
- Monitor, administer, and secure networks of responsibility. Ensure network availability and the availability of services dependent on interconnectivity.
- Act as the liaison and technical expert for a wide area network supporting numerous emergency services organizations.
- Perform troubleshooting and routine maintenance of workstation and server hardware and software components.
- Assist in the planning, acquisition, and installation of new technologies and systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in development and/or modification of internal policies related to use of information systems.
- Assist in determining internal needs and the acquisition of PC/networking components.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information regarded as confidential under Jeffcom policy and/or applicable law.
- Complete job-related trainings, certifications, and continuing education to sharpen and expand technical skills and knowledge as assigned and required.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment, always promoting a positive, professional image of Jeffcom.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work evenings, holidays, and weekends as required.
- Maintain data files and other computer systems as necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and comply with, all Jeffcom rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, License and Certification Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field is preferred.
- Commensurate years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- At least five years of experience as an IT professional with most of that time spent working as a network administrator or engineer is preferred.
- Experience in a Public Safety operations environment is preferred.
- Ability to obtain CCIC/NCIC certification within six (6) months of hire. This includes being able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of networking technologies including firewall configurations, virtual private networking, and switching and routing.
- Experience working within a virtualized environment.
- Experience with telephony is preferred.
- Ability to make presentations to public groups, local government representatives, management, and boards.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while remaining detail oriented.
- Ability to be on call and handle urgent calls for service regarding system problems and outages during off duty hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Lifting and Carrying:
Ability to move 15- to 20- pound items from one location to another, such as computer equipment, boxes of paper, department manuals, resource books, equipment, etc.
Must be able to work a shift up to twelve (12 hours) with the ability to change from sitting to standing as needed. Must be able to navigate around Communications Center. Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, other computer/server equipment, radio system, telephone, foot pedals and other relevant equipment. Some kneeling, crawling, reaching, twisting, bending, pushing/pulling and stooping may be required, including the ability to reach/push/pull above the shoulder and on ladders. Must have the ability to coordinate movements of two or more limbs at the same time (i.e. while operating computer equipment).
Employee must be able to hear the phone, communicate with coworkers, and hear audible signals from equipment at a level that does not interfere with coworkers’ ability to hear at their work stations. Hearing must be sufficient to use telephone and radio headset. Must be able to detect and discriminate among sounds that vary in a broad range of pitch and loudness.
Visual acuity correctable sufficient to read CRT, radio channel buttons, teletypes, etc. Employee also uses vision to read handwriting, discern information on a computer screen, enter data into computer, read department manuals, other correspondence, and read and interpret maps. Must be able to distinguish between the colors red and green in order to properly utilize computerized equipment.
Must be able to read, remember and use policies, procedures, criminal laws and ordinances that apply to the position, as well as remember numerous details of calls received.
Must be able to speak English clearly and concisely to communicate with callers, emergency responders, and co-workers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and to solve problems with good judgment and decision-making skills, especially in relation to emergency calls.
Work Environment and General Information:
Work in a restricted access area, typical office environment with other staff speaking on phones and radios in communications center. Occasionally may have to work in server room or other equipment areas that are kept at lower temperatures for periods of time to repair, maintain or replace equipment. Contact with other public jurisdictions and members of private industry. Contact with employees in work unit and in other departments. Work under general supervision with supervisor available to resolve unusual or complex work problems.
ADA Compliance Statement:
The human resources goal of Jeffcom is to select and retain the best qualified applicant for each available job. An applicant’s or employee’s disability will not remove the application from consideration or current employee from his/her job if the applicant or employee is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation unless such accommodation will result in undue hardship for Jeffcom or pose a safety risk to the applicant, employee, or others.
Jeffcom complies with the American with Disabilities Act. If you require special accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact the Human Resources Manager.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.