VSolvit LLC is currently seeking an IT Administrator supporting the company’s headquarters located in Ventura, CA. The IT Administrator is responsible for leading the IT department in support of the company with its IT demands while creating a seamless and excellent experience for the users. The IT Administrator will ensure that the corporate network, systems, servers and various development/production environments remain healthy and operational. This role will lead the effort to ensure the growing VSolvit network is working at its optimal performance level. The position serves as the primary resource for network monitoring/support, Windows Server (2008,2012) support, and also leads and oversees the helpdesk ticket resolution process. Installation of network operating systems, LAN, WAN and VLAN components and the repair and replacement of network equipment will also be instrumental. The IT Administrator will be proactive in anticipating the infrastructure needs of the organization. The IT Administrator leads and is knowledgeable about various areas of asset management and software licenses. This role will act as a lead within the IT group and assist in oversight of several IT staff. Thus, good people management
skills should be part of one’s skillset. This is a hands on technical role with the opportunity to grow ones IT management skills in a growing and technically diverse Ventura based technology company.
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot our network infrastructure
- Provision user accounts and permissions to software and systems
- Collaborate with various teams and departments to develop and deliver IT solutions
- Monitor systems and resolve issues to ensure reliable operation
- Provide advanced support to our desktop team for complex issues
- Setup and maintain virtual servers for various departments
- Administer device management and asset tracking systems
- IT Infrastructure Policy, Process and Standards – The position will be responsible for implementing and maintaining solutions consistent with IT infrastructure policy, processes and associated standards. This includes asset management and license compliance from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Server – The position will be responsible for supporting the server environment. This will include security, administration and project and client needs. Technologies like virtualization are supported by this position. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Storage – The position will be responsible for supporting enterprise data storage. This will include maintenance, security, and administration. Experienced with operating systems and Storage Area Networks (SAN) and backup solutions. Performs system backups and recovery.
- LAN – The position will be responsible for the Local Area Networks and associated equipment (e.g. routers and switches) and technologies (local wireless, extranet’s, dmz’s, etc…) at each of the assigned facilities. This includes security, administration (configuration and setup), project and client needs.
- WAN – The position will be responsible for the Wide Area Networks and associated equipment (e.g. routers and switches) and technologies (e.g. MPLS remote access, etc.). This will include security, administration (configuration and setup), project and client needs.
- Security – The position will be responsible for network security matters to ensure corporate assets and information are protected from external threats.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Essential to this role will be a deep and complete knowledge of network protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS that will be leveraged
- 5+ years’ Windows System Administration (2008, 2012 R2)
- 3+ years’ in network administration and support
- 3+ years’ VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V or other virtualization experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years' Firewall experience with NAT and VPN required
- 5+ years' experience with network protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- 5+ years' experience with Installation, configuring, and maintaining of server hardware, software applications and associated network equipment, to include SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology
- 10+ years’ Windows System Administration
- 7 years’ Network Administration and support
- 5+ years’ Hyper-V experience
- CCNA Certification is highly desired
- Very Strong Active Directory experience
- Experience with PowerShell, UNIX Shell Scripting or other scripting is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work as a team member yet also individually
- Asset management
- Software License Management
- Linux Administration experience higly valued
- Bachelor's Degree
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Ability and willingness to obtain DoD clearance in the future
Join the VSolvit Team! Founded in 2006, VSolvit (pronounced 'We Solve It') provides geospatial and information technology consulting services and solutions to government and private section clients. VSolvit is an award winning 8(m)/EDWOSB and SBA-certified 8(a)/SDB company. We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, as well as 401K Retirement Plan options, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits. Our goal is to grow together and enjoy the work that we do as a team.
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.