Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Network Administrator for our client in the Telecom domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: Warren, NJ
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Network Administrator
Primary Skills: Networking
Role Description: The Network Administrator would need to have at least 8+ years of experience. In this role as the Network Administrator, you will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network.
As the ideal candidate, you will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- Manage cloud and local networking infrastructure including but not limited to Palo Alto, Cisco and/or Meraki firewall and VPN equipment.
- Monitor and configure systems to detect and alert potential malware and endpoint protection.
- Work and coordinate with IT and backend server team on introducing new technologies as desired.
- Manage Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Able to support IT members with Tier 2/3 support as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of AWS Networking concepts, including VPCs, route tables, IGWs, security groups and NACLs, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, and WAF.
- Thorough understanding of IPSEC and PPTP VPN technologies, and their implementations.
- Experience with GlobalProtect Cloud Service and GlobalProtect definitely a plus.
- Experience handling networking requirements for geographically distributed networks, remote employee support.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent ability to express complex networking configurations in professional diagrams.
- Ability to proactively take ownership of networking functions and governance.
Other Desired Skills:
- Server administration and automation experience.
- Experience with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Cisco Meraki administration
- Previously experience with SSO, Azure AD
- Experience with log analysis tools like Splunk
- Driven, self-starter with a desire to make networking seamless for end users
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 8+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Sandeep Chauhan
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2293)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None