Cubic Mission Solutions
Company Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Network Administrator (Watch Officer) is responsible for performing Tier III application, network, equipment and systems oversight for an emerging DoD and IC UAS dissemination system. Primary tasks include hands on application, network and systems management, administration, and advanced architecture troubleshooting as part of a team of contract and government engineering professionals. The candidate will be responsible for assisting Tier I/II personnel in solving basic technical problems, resolving issues directly with DoD community customers, investigating issues, and elevating as necessary to the Tier III technical support group. In addition, tasks may include software repair and the application of various diagnostic tools and testing. The candidate should hold a successful track record supporting DoD network and communications systems, with experience solving problems and advancing requirements within a 24x7 environment. Applicants selected must have a minimum US SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support a large scale full motion video architecture and proactively respond to and fix issues with the application portal and networking backbone
- Provide internal and external customers with responsive, concise and accurate status or service updates, issues and risks
- Interact in a technical team environment with software, network and systems engineers
- Identify, document, track and escalate issues to the Tier III support group as necessary
- Utilize network related protocols and services as well as LAN/WAN implementation and troubleshooting
- Provide assistance with large scale system and architecture implementation and operational support
- Diagnosis of system issues and fault isolation
Minimum Job Requirements:
Two year college degree, or equivalent, in electronics, computer science, information systems and/or related technical school, plus a minimum of 4 years related experience. DOD or military operations experience a strong plus. Ability to comply with Company standard practice as it applies to field. Detail-oriented, ability to communicate effectively and perform routine installation and maintenance campaigns. Ability to adapt to remote field sites. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to interface with all levels of personnel.
- Experience with web based technologies, Linux/Unix operating systems and generating DB queries
- Knowledge of WAN environments and supporting infrastructure, including routers, switches and firewalls
- Must have demonstrated rigorous troubleshooting skills on a large scale information system, including prioritizing and documenting system faults and repair actions
- Multi-disciplined and flexible to support both software or hardware based solutions
- Preferable to have DoD experience in a Network Operations Center or technical operations role
- Familiarity with DISA, the DISN and Linux based VI editor highly desired
- Availability for non-regular business hours/shift work typical to a 24x7 environment
- Understanding of Information Assurance/Cyber Security and security requirements as it applies to the Department of Defense (Cyber controls, RMF, etc.) a plus
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.