Ecumen is hiring a Network Architect to work on our corporate Business Transformation team.
The Network Architect designs and supports information technology solutions and services, including hardware, network, software, or any IT solution to optimize business results. This position is responsible for the implementation and effective use of technology-based solutions that support Ecumen’s strategic objectives. Also responsible for the overall architecture of Ecumen’s technology ecosystem with particular emphasis on security, operational performance, stability and cost.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Contributes to network modeling, analysis, and planning; provides designs for network changes to optimize the network. Recommends improvements to equipment (routers, switches, network devices, etc.) to the leadership team.
- Supports network hardware and software installations and upgrades. Participates in configuring, implementing, troubleshooting and optimizing network solutions;
- Responsible for overall system security. Design security policies and procedures and disaster recovery procedures. Maintain industry awareness and incorporate security solutions to meet Ecumen’s security needs. Provide support to the Chief Information Security Officer in annual reviews and reporting for the Board of Trustees.
- Monitor vendor performance relative to service agreements. Provide escalated operational support to address issues.
- Evaluates technologies and vendors to find solutions that meet business needs while considering cost benefit analysis.
- Provide network expertise to other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Network/Systems Administration or Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of education and related experience/training
- Two years’ experience with advanced networking troubleshooting, analysis, performance tuning, telecommunications and connectivity, operations and design
- Experience with network troubleshooting and analysis tools
- Strong knowledge of current technology and security practices
- Excellent collaboration skills, experience working in a team environment
- Ability to understand and translate a business need into a technology solution
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Cyber security certification