Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions is currently seeking a Network/Cabling Technician for a position located in Cincinnati, OH.
Responsible for high-quality installation, troubleshooting, and repair of network/power cabling and hardware systems.
- Prior DC power experience including items such as:
- Secondary power required
- Circuit modifications
- Power transition work
- Addition or removal of batteries preferred
- Addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources
- DC cable routing & stitching
- Equipment installation experience including
- AC power, copper & fiber installation experience including:
- Cable routing
- Installation standards knowledge
- Cable testing & cleaning
- Cable dressing / termination
- Cable labeling
- Running vendor specific tests/diagnostics on cables and computer systems and/or components.
- Fiber tester experience (Fluke preferred)
- Ability to interpret and execute Method of Procedure (MOP) documents
- Strong communication skills including:
- Clear daily feedback regarding performance against delivery schedule
- Escalation input for issues encountered
- Ability to solve problems and overcome issues to maintain delivery schedule and avoid errors
- Willingness to reach out for input if required
- Perform site audit / review, including:
- Review job requirements to identify cables, lengths, and other required details
- Perform night 1 material inventory and job walk / dry run to validate MOP and schedule expectations
- Perform end of job quality audit to ensure all MOP activities are completed to required standards.
- Minimum 2 years of cable/computer technician field service
- Experienced with all computer cable types and handling standards (eg, Ethernet, Fiber, etc)
- Experienced with industry standard cable management/dressing quality standards.
- Capable of working from and developing cabling design diagrams, cut sheets, point-to-point matrix.
- Knowledgeable on using cable testers and cleaners.
- Knowledgeable on installing and basic hardware troubleshooting computer systems and components.
- Knowledgeable on using basic desktop computer system tools such as MS Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Capable of working independently, as part of and/or leading a cabling team
- Must be able to lift 50lbs in order to move, lift and manage computer equipment.
- Need to be comfortable using mechanical tools, ladders, and power outlets.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES CAN EMAIL THEIR RESUMES TO email@example.com. PLEASE INCLUDE “NETWORK/CABLING TECHNICIAN” IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Telecommunications Network Technician