Vultr.com is a rapidly growing, cloud-hosting provider with 17 points of presence worldwide. Our company works with cutting-edge technology to power some of the most popular web applications in the world! We are seeking a senior software engineer to join our team in West Palm Beach, Florida.
As a network development engineer, you will have an integral role in securing, expanding, and automating the network components of the Vultr cloud. Our team’s software powers the entire Vultr.com cloud from front-end to back-end and everything in between.
Projects might include:
- API & DB development
- Systems administration
- Network configuration changes
- Zero touch provisioning
- Monitoring tools
- DDOS protection
- Traffic engineering
- Skills: BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, DC/SP networking experience, multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Linux, Brocade).
- Plus: EVPN/VXLAN, FlowSpec, RTBH.
- Skills: Python, API & database development, Ansible, Bash, Git, Virtualization.
- Tools/Frameworks: Flask/Django, MongoDB, GitLab, Vagrant, Docker, KVM.
- Plus: message brokers (RabbitMQ).
- Skills: SLI/SLO/SLA, monitoring, telemetry, time-series databases, Logging, Collectors, Visualization.
- Tools: SNMP, Sflow, Prometheus, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Loki, Logstash, Fluentd, Grafana, Kibana.
- Plus: Machine learning, data processing, distributed systems.
System Administration/Security: Linux, network services (DNS, DHCP, NTP), AAA, PKI, TLS, SSH, Tacacs.
Work out of our newest Office in West Palm Beach, FL! We are staffed 24/7/365 so flexible working hours are available. Coffee and beverages are always fully stocked and lunch is catered weekly. Once eligible, your employment includes Medical insurance (individual) and a 401k plan with matching of up to 3% of your contribution!
We believe in putting our people in positions to succeed. End up liking distributed storage after a year? How about networking? Hardware? Still like coding? Focus on the career advancement skills and specializations that suit your preferences!