The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Network Engineer, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of a Network Engineer 1 Category, Core Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the DART. DART may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. DART will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
- Seeking a Network Engineer Consultant focused primarily on Cisco products, solutions, and technologies who values technical challenges.
- Must have a strong understanding of Enterprise networks, networking best practices, and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Works with the Manager of Network Engineering on the Agency’s Network Upgrade project and other projects that are in process or planned.
- Provides Tier 2 support for the Enterprise network; including switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, gateways, wifi, routing protocols (OSPF and BGP), monitoring and reporting applications etc.
- Installs and configures network equipment and software to meet business needs. Documents the solution for ongoing support.
- Functions as part of a team on larger projects, or individually provides the services on support visits or smaller projects.
- Participates in change management and incident review as needed. Document changes and actions in change management system and ticketing system.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation on network infrastructure diagrams, procedures, and policies.
- Validates overall network health, performance, availability, security, redundancy, and business continuity.
No Skype interviews, interviews will be conducted by phone.
May require travel to other locations, transportation provided.
A background check report (including but not limited to education, criminal and social media) and drug screening report are both required to be submitted for DART Human Capital review and approval prior to start of employment.
II.WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Cisco CCNA experience required. CCNP preferred.
Operating, monitoring, and managing the Enterprise network.
IOS and Prime experience/Best Practices.
Routing Protocols—OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, L2 / L3 Architecture.
Working knowledge of MS Visio, MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Excellent interpersonal and documentation skills required.
Must be able to work alone or in a team environment.
Excellent troubleshooting skills and flexible with work hours.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178