Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Our recent merger with Genex brings together two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
This position will act as a member of a team of Network Engineers. Although a broad range of experience is important, the most critical skills for this individual will be strong experience in a blended environment utilizing a variety of infrastructure products and scripting. A willingness to work with new technologies and act as a collaborator within the team is a must. The general environment is blended and this engineer would be expected to be able to work with and troubleshoot issues across the various network platforms. These include products from Cisco, F5, Arista, and Palo Alto. Candidates must be self-starters, comfortable with spending time in a data center, and have the ability to work independently.
- Prioritize time to complete support tickets and day to day changes throughout the environment
- Manage our data center environment, including data center support needs that will cross teams
- Implement new network hardware and software as needed including load balancers, firewalls, routers, switches and intrusion prevention devices
- Utilize scripting to solve various problems, specific plus for experience with Python or Java
- Troubleshoot and manage AWS EC2 and Direct Connect, also will work occasionally supporting other cloud vendors
- Seek out and correct security shortcomings, experience with products such as Nessus, Saint, and the many online tools
- Troubleshoot and correct issues found with Spunk and other similar products
- Meet with other teams throughout the company to discuss and propose new projects and new potential directions in network specific projects
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues in a high speed critical uptime environment; experience with Wireshark and other sniffing tools a must
- Configure, test, and manage critical network data center and WAN infrastructure across an international network
- Deploy infrastructure network technologies consistent with corporate standards and in collaboration with Enterprise IT architects
- Maintain standard technical, support, operational and security documentation
- Act as higher level support during incident response activities
- Capable of working independently in a high paced highly dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- 2 or more years supporting LAN/WAN Wireless networks and VOIP in large (1000+ user) environments
- Advanced computer skills from a Network WAN and VOIP perspective
- Experience with the management, configuration, incident resolution, and engineering solutions on F5 LTM, APM, and GTM appliances with irules
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL and process management
- Hands-on experience implementing, administrating, and troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers devices
- Experience with Spunk, SIEM, or other log analysis products
- Internet based IPSEC and SSL VPN tunnel experience
- Some experience in one or more scripting languages and Linux or other Unix variants
- A thorough understanding of the OSI model, Ethernet, HTTP, and TCP/IP
- Some experience with IP routing OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and WAN technologies
- Knowledge with LAN switching and VLANs including VRF’s
- A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP based services, including DNS, NHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with MPLS, Point 2 Point L2, and VPLS mesh network experience helpful
- Experience with Cisco ASA, and Palo Alto Firewalls a plus
- Experience with Linux variants, AD, and other OS’s a plus
- Experience with various technologies such as Citrix, VMWare, UCS, OTV, Microsegementation, and LISP a plus
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.