Job DescriptionJob #: 1015859
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a
with a DoD client in beautiful Charleston, SC. This is a fast-paced, cutting edge data center offering room for advancement, professional and technical growth and long term stability.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities in the DoD space, please send a resume and best contact information to Kerri Townsend, Technical Recruiter, via email@example.com
Candidates must be US Citizens and obtain an active secret clearance.
Location: Charleston, SC
Terms: 6 month contract-to-hire
The qualified Systems Engineer must be self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, test and deployment. The ideal candidate will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with program leadership, external business partners and customers, as required to provide technical information regarding the program.
In this role, the successful candidate will support the deployment, configuration and migration of core infrastructure in a large multi-site global enterprise environment. This will include deploying and configuring network security equipment, including access control lists (ACLs), layer 3 and 4 firewalls, and layer 4-7 application firewalls. The candidate must able to troubleshoot and isolate network faults, systems and failures in a LAN/WAN environment. Candidate will be expected to maintain technical expertise in multiple areas of network and computer hardware and software. As a system administrator, candidates will assist with the deployment, sustainment, patching and security hardening of the existing Windows infrastructure (combination of physical and virtual). In this role of a system administrator, the candidate must have experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server 2008/2012, and VMware ESXi.
- Configure network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, and virtual devices in VMware.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support personnel to provide 24/7 coverage basis.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in coordinating and troubleshooting with customers, other infrastructure support activities and business units.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and division network operations which improve service and repeatability.
- Work closely with other departments/organizations and collaborate with other IT staff on infrastructure activities.
- Manage small projects
- Research a remote site’s existing infrastructure.
- Prepare existing/proposed site diagrams in Visio
- Schedule NCR site network outages to allow for installation of new equipment.
- Prove experience sustaining Windows enterprise technologies such as Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory.
- Familiar with McAfee Host Base Security Systems (HBSS)
- Excellent communication skills required including the ability to coordinate and communicate with multiple teams.
- Experience with VMware Shavlik patching software or other patching software
- Experience with VMware virtual environment.
- Experience with performing patching of numerous systems
- Experience with Remote Administration of systems and Administration of Windows OS Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in designing, implementing, operating and troubleshooting complex systems in multi-data center environments.
- 5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer with 3+ years placing emphasis on design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of routers, switches, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems and Virtual Private Network Devices,
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, ports protocols and services, routing, firewalls, and DNS
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions
- Proven skills in problem solving and decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership and mentoring skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make judgment decisions and recommendations as to their solution
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables. Time management skills are a critical requirement.
- Ability to work as a team for project deliverables.
- Ability to travel from 15%-20%
- Industry leading certifications (Vmware, NetApp, Cisco, Microsoft, and others)
- Experience with multiple technologies (Virtualization, Storage, Networking, System Administration)
- Prior DoD systems engineering experience
- Current Security+ Certification
- Current DoD 8570 certification
- Active Secret clearance
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.