Angel Oak Companies is a collective of independent and diversified financial services firms, offering unique and specialized fixed-income expertise. Working with institutions and individual investors, we deliver asset management, lending and consulting services, focused on finding new opportunities and better solutions.
Angel Oak is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. The Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the company's network performs at peak performance, maintaining a high level of security and configuring and maintaining the Cisco VOIP system. The Network Engineer will participate in the design, implementation, optimization, advance support and administration of network infrastructure residing in all Angel Oak offices and Data Centers. This person will oversee system performance, plan system capacity, ensure processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable; and continually assesses processes for improvements.
- Install, configure, and manage a highly available and secure network.
- Provide planning, installation, configuration, and upgrade support for LAN, WAN, and data center network.
- Support acquisition efforts by setting up and installing networks in acquisition offices.
- Establish and maintain service levels; perform basic troubleshooting; monitor network implementations; and manage network alarms.
- Working experience with Cisco VoIP and IP Telephony deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Manage network monitoring system. Ensure all devices are being monitored. Respond to alarms.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Provide support for on-call duties.
- Maximize infrastructure capacities through proactive review and planning to ensure that IT capacity meet current and future business requirements.
- Drive a cross functional team (including equipment or service vendors) in diagnosing issues and initiating appropriate actions for repair or mitigation and provide appropriate status, communications and root cause analysis to management.
- Serve as technical lead for escalation of advanced incidents, problems and change management.
- Help develop policies and procedures related to IT Operations and Security Infrastructure.
- Research infrastructure solutions to identify and improve existing processes or enhance overall productivity.
- Lead teams in major projects and implementations, including project leadership, task assignments, and day-to-day direction.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience preferred, but not required.
- 5 plus years of experience supporting routers, switches, and firewalls in a large multi-site enterprise network.
- Prefer experience with Cisco and/or Meraki networking infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience in design, deployment, administration, configuration, and integration of Cisco systems.
- 2 plus years of experience supporting IP Telephony infrastructure.
- 2 plus years of experience with advanced network security technologies (e.g. IDS/IPS, AMP, etc.).
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco/Meraki routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Network monitoring tools (SolarWinds).
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills is a MUST
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Established organizational abilities.
Angel Oak Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.