P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in about 80 countries, building 65 trusted brands that make life better for 5 billion consumers in more than 180 countries. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
From Day 1, you’ll help fulfill our purpose of improving lives for 5 billion consumers in 180 countries through leading, billion-dollar brands. We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage our multi-functional teams to work together to come up with new ideas to address challenges we face
Procter & Gamble is seeking a highly skilled Senior Network Engineer to help drive innovation and transformation for their global enterprise network. Interested professionals should be motivated by advanced technologies, be a catalyst for change, and have vision for identifying and aligning technology solutions to help support business opportunities.
• Lead lifecycle management process to ensure clearly defined roadmaps for new technology solutions ensuring flawless transformation and adoption by the business
• The highest escalation point for critical and/or chronic incidents, provide subject matter leadership to Operations, helping to restore service.
• Key contributor in the definition and creation of new tools and automation capabilities, driving software defined capabilities that improve outcomes, minimizing risk, and promote agility.
• Deliver training and technical leadership to all key stakeholder organizations ensuring successful knowledge transfer, and the ability to be self-sufficient of their primary roles.
• Lead/Contributor on key network projects, representing the organization and working closely with Project Managers, Operations, Business Units, Suppliers, Peer Organizations and IT stakeholders
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in support of business critical programs
• Ability to work independently to capture requirements and translate those into solutions
• Competent in using Microsoft Office suite for effective teamwork and communications
• Strong analytical skills, able to leverage complex data to identify opportunities, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
• Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
• Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required, sometimes with little advanced notice. Additionally, participate in a week-long on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field
- At least 10+ year relevant experience
- Lead creation of network infrastructure designs, configurations, standards and documentation to effectively deliver network solutions.
- Ability to architect repeatable, reliable, and scalable solutions with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Define and document technical requirements for new capabilities, working with key suppliers to solution, build and lab certify ensuring compliance with all functional, operational and business objectives. Develop proposals and communicate outcomes that address business value/risk and gain stakeholder approval
- Collaborate closely with peer IT organizations helping to influence, guide and direct technical outcomes; ensuring mutual strategy alignment.
- CCNA or higher certification
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure supporting SDWAN, LAN & Wireless technology stacks.
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols such as spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTP.
- Knowledge of Carrier ervices – WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, Point to Point, OCx, DS3, E/T1s
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Aruba, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Zscaler, Sonus, and Avaya.
- Experience with applications and services such as; Cisco ACS/ISE, Ansible, CA Spectrum /eHealth, EMC Smarts, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, DiamondIP, ServiceNow, Wireshark, and Splunk.
- Expertise with the following operating systems; Cisco IOS/NXOS, Linux, Unix, Microsoft
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Experience in standard load balancer design, SSL termination, and overall application/solution design (L4-7)
The Value of a P&G Career
Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.