At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Network Engineer based out of McClellan, CA (Sacramento area). You will be part of a team of System Administrators supporting development and implementation of fielded systems used by the warfighter.
- Provide networking equipment inventory management and documentation
- Document network information including of all switching and routing equipment, connected IP-addressable devices and cabling interconnects
- Provides day-to-day network maintenance to include installation, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of switched networks and network equipment
- Research, design and implement security solutions for network infrastructure
- Track and report identified information system vulnerabilities
- Monitor, review, analyze, tune and make recommendations to optimize network
- Manage firewall security appliances
Network Engineer we are seeking will be an individual who thrives in a diverse work environment, has outstanding communication skills and possesses a strong sense of engagement and continuous process improvement. Occasional travel is required to support technical reviews, meetings, working groups and test site support.
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience, or Associates degree and 4+ years of relevant work experience, or 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Current, active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Cisco IOS and IOSXE switches and routers
- A minimum of a IAT Level II (DoD 8570.1M) certification
- Strong level of knowledge with LAN switching and VLANs
- Experience with OSPF, STP, LACP, GRE
- Basic understanding of Unix, Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures
- Background with troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems
- Experience with working closely with the users in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems
- General OSHA and Industrial Safety awareness to monitor safety at test sites
- Experience with MIL-STD-882 Hazard Analysis Techniques
- Experience with DoD design review process
- Experience reviewing procedures for operational hazards
- Experience with approaches for handling hazardous materials
- Experience with ordnance handling operations
- Experience with ISR assets.
- Experience with Cisco ASAs.
- Experience with VMware vSwitches and port groups.
- Experience with DoD STIGS and NIST security standards.
- Experience with Inline Network Encryptors. KG175D/G and KG250
- Experience with port-security
- Experience implementing 802.1x
- Experience working with wide area networks.
- Working knowledge on Network Appliance (NetAPP)