Kratos is a trusted global satellite ground systems, communications monitoring, RF interference detection and network management company. We are seeking a Network Engineer to help architect solutions and solve customer issues in managing complex interconnected systems of satellite terminals, gateways, provisioning software, monitoring systems, and terrestrial networks.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Network Engineer position is responsible for architecture design, provisioning, installation, operation and maintenance of network systems, virtual machines, client and server hardware and applications in a hybrid Windows/Linux environment.
Experience and SkillsJob Duties:
- Network Architect/Engineer supporting a complex set of software centric projects and applications in the satellite communications domain space leveraging the candidate’s experience and skillsets
- Support to the Project Manager and Solutions Director for the technical success of assigned project work that includes the creation of network requirements, design artifacts, test and demonstration activities as well as network architecture baseline development
- Provide Network Engineering Support to customer technical interchange and program status meetings
- Create and maintain system support documentation including diagrams, policies and procedures
- As part of the network architecture team, work closely with systems development teams to develop ongoing production and support process/procedures
- Support ongoing, customer-facing engagements where network infrastructure support requirements will be developed
- Occasional travel to customer locations to support installation and acceptance testing as well as demonstrations
- Candidate will have Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline and 10 or more years direct work experience (CS, EE, CSE). Master’s degree is encouraged
- Applied experience in a wide range of network and software technologies that include distributed computing, database back end architectures, graphical user interfaces, networking protocols, hub architectures, system administration with virtual machines, and network topologies as examples
- Strong understanding of Cisco LAN/WAN infrastructure, routers, and administration
- Familiarity with Network monitoring tools such as Nagios, PRTG, etc.
- System administration experience in one or more of the following UNIX/Linux variants: Red Hat, CentOS, Debian, SUSE, Debian
- Extensive knowledge of network tools and technologies including MPLS, OSPF, Static Routing, IP, TCP/IP, ICMP, Wireshark, SNMP and Multicast
- Prior experience supporting satellite communications, network engineering, telecommunications or similar industries with complex monitoring/management applications
- Familiarity or recent work experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) components – controllers, modelling and/or service orchestrators are a plus
- Familiarity or recent work experience with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) is a plus
- Experience creating detailed network diagrams using Visio, Autocad, or similar tools
- Experience in scripting and command line usage
- Experience in managing services such as: IIS, DHCP, DNS, GPO
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
- Telco and physical carrier level transport knowledge a plus
- CCNA certification preferred
- Secure Networks (SIPR) experience a plus
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Kratos is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment and strongly encourage minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
- Tax Savings Accounts (HSA / FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance Program