Sr. Network Engineer Summary
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for the implementation and support of our campus and remote office wired and wireless networks.
Sr. Network Engineer Responsibilities
- Provides troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance of multi-campus complex networks, including assistance to vendor technical resources.
- Perform installation of wired and wireless network hardware, including rack and stack.
- Assess need for any network reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them as required in accordance with change control policy.
- Participate on network roadmap planning, including recommending, scheduling, and performing network improvements, upgrades, and lifecycle management.
- Participate in projects and provide technical project management across various teams.
- Work with customers to design and implement new remote wired and wireless networks.
- Support implementation of new systems and applications including planning, executing network technical tasks, testing, issue resolution, assessment of system environment readiness, and go-live support.
- Provides recommendations on the process improvements related to implementation processes and leads the efforts to create improvements
- Participate in process improvement and standardization initiatives, including documentation.
- Provides mentoring and knowledge transfer to team members.
- *Sr. Network Engineer Job Qualifications:
*Experience architecting, implementing and support of LAN/MAN/WAN/WLAN/IPT
- Experience with packet capturing software for troubleshooting purposes
- Knowledge of routing protocols: RIP/RIPv2, EIGRP, IGRP, and ideally BGP
- In depth knowledge of Layer 2 switching protocols and configurations: VLANs, STP/RSTP/MST, access/trunk.
- Experience with racking and cabling Routers and Switches.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and Fiber cabling.
- Operational level experience with the Cisco IOS and route/switch equipment.
- Cisco Switches (3700, 3800, 4500, 6500 series switches), Nexus 9k experience.
- Cisco Routers (2800, 3800, 3900 ISR series routers and 1000 series ASR Routers
- Demonstrated experience with IPT Cisco CUCM, UCCX, UCX
- Hands on experience with SDN, Cisco ACI
- Operational experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Controller based Cisco Wireless Experience
- Experience with Cisco Prime
- Experience with Cisco VOIP, Call Manager & Call Manger Express
- Radius Experience
- Experience with Microsoft office and Visio or other diagramming programs.
Sr.Network Engineer Skill/Abilities
- Healthcare experience a PLUS.
- Must have strong technical documentation experience and accomplishments.
- Excellent customer skills (written and verbal communications) are a MUST.
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative, and proactive.
- Must be highly flexible and adaptable to changing requirements, priorities, and environments.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong team working skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and projects at the same time.
- Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills.
Sr.Network Engineer Education/Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- CCNA Routing/Switching or Wireless Required, CCNP preferred.
Sr. Network Engineer Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of network engineering experience