This position is in support of The Naval Sea Systems Command’s Enterprise Information Technology /Command Information Officer (SEA 00I EITO/CIO). SEA00I provides management and compliance of Information Management/ Information Technology (IM/IT), cybersecurity, and Information Systems (IS) lifecycle management and compliance for the NAVSEA Enterprise. The NAVSEA Enterprise is
comprised of over 35 work sites worldwide including NAVSEA Headquarters (HQ), Program Executive Offices (PEOs), Warfare Centers, Shipyards and Supervisors of Shipbuilding and more than60,000 users.
Network Engineer responsibilities may include the following tasks:
- maintain and support a constant state of readiness, security, performance and availability of command or organizational business, strategic and tactical networks, which include: NIPRNET / SIPRNet /JWICS/ NMCI / DSL / WIRELESS / NNPI networks
- Manage and maintain command or organizational owned/operated, encryption devices (i.e. Taclan) to include installation, configuration, keying/re-keying, and troubleshooting.
- Develop and implement storage management processes using a combination of established and approved COTS/GOTS products and best business practices.
- Schedule and maintain full, incremental, and differential file backups and restoration tasks.
- Develop design plans for the migration of IT assets, data and users to newly established datacenter solutions as required by the mission owners.
- Assist the mission owners in the research/development and design of replacement software/hardware and associated components.
- Administer, maintain, and back-up SharePoint user pages / SQL databases for all mission owner activities. This task includes the provisioning and upkeep of the mission owners SharePoint design, permissions, and possible data migration from an existing site to a new location.
- Upgrade and migrate to future releases of SharePoint and SQL databases as directed.
- Manage the infrastructure that includes both physical and virtual computing platforms and snapshot technology residing on multiple mission owner networks.
- Maintain server configurations data management, patch management, and the processes of migration to new server farm platforms as directed by the mission owner.
- Design critical network paths for high availability of data in transit while also ensuring file integrity of stationary data for all mission owned/operated datacenter environments.
- Develop and deploy required Operating Systems, updates, configurations, Access Control Lists, VLANs, Port Security and scripts for tracking, patching, and mitigation of all hardware and software vulnerabilities across all mission owner networks.
- design highly available networks with failover and disaster recovery capabilities
- perform backups of network configuration files for all devices and test network failover capabilities.
- provide Network documentation and configuration management.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining the various network management systems employed on Enterprise and C4I Networks.
- Monitoring the operational status and posture of the Enterprise and C4I Networks.
- Supporting Fault identification and management; and Fault recovery.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all network faults to maintain the operational status in a normal, continuously operational state.
- Providing Trending and Capacity Planning services to analyze and plan for the efficient utilization and management of the networks.
- Supporting service level reporting and submitting logs, statistics, or analytical data, as requested by the Government.
- Providing Configuration Management and Asset Management support, to include documenting the configuration of components of the network that are under contractor control and any changes to them.
- Bachelors Degree with 6 Years experience with relevant tasks and supporting Cisco environments (8 years without degree)
- Security+ce certification and CCNP Route/Switch
- Secret clearance (minimum)
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled