Jacobs is looking for talented individuals to join our team for DISA's Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) supporting the upcoming Test, Evaluation, and Certification (TEC) contract. We are seeking current/former incumbents who are/or have supported the current JITC T&E MSS IDIQ contract (at Fort Huachuca, AZ and Fort Meade, MD), as well as any candidates who have skill sets that can support the full spectrum of IT communication systems and software test and evaluation and also a chance to create a legacy that will impact guiding principles for DISA Enterprise Developmental Test and Evaluation processes and procedures.
Establishes, configures, maintains, and supports internal and/or external networks for the organization. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Conducts network capacity and performance analysis. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Directs and supports activities of the network control function of the organization. Determines service quality levels for network transmission and performance and ensures the established levels are met. Troubleshoots network performance issues and recommends corrective actions.
Identifies and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and ensures scalability and appropriate integration with other systems. Provides technical support and guidance to network users. Optimizes the functionality of networks and systems, and diagnoses and recovers failed systems. Ensures appropriate network security measures are in place. Responsible for backup or recovery procedures. Creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. May be responsible for directing the work of Provides expert support for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software.
Recommends process and infrastructure enhancements to improve the quality of services, products, and/or procedures. Develops test strategies for complex systems and systems of systems and recommends test support devices, automation, and instrumentation. Oversees the identification of functional problems and leads the analysis and interpretation of test results. Oversees the documentation, definition, and maintenance of internal quality control standards and reliability programs. Plans and directs specialized engineers working on technical projects.
May be responsible for directing the work of network and system administrators who provide the day-to-day network and system administration to include network/system and resource optimization, and user assistance. May be required to oversees processes and deliverables to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Master's degree and 4 years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of experience; or an Associate's degree and 12 year's of experience. One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties. Acceptable degree specialties include but are not limited to the following: Information Technology, Mathematics, Computer Networking, Cybersecurity, and various engineering and science disciplines.
- Requires a DoD 8570.01M IAT/IAM/IASAE Level III certification.
- Certification - CompTIA Security +
- Firm understanding of switch/routing principals/protocols to include: Layer 2/Layer 3 Switching, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, MPLS, TLS, MSTP, SNMP, VoIP and SIP.
- Experience configuring Cisco, Juniper, Avaya, Dell, HP, Brocade, Adtran products. Products include but not limited to:
- Cisco - 2960, 3750, 4948, 3845, 4506, 4507, 3850, Cisco ASA.
- Juniper - QFX Series, MX Series, T Series, and M Series Routers and Swiches.
- Avaya - 4548, 5520, 8010.
- Dell - S4048, to include additional models.
- HP - 5900, to include additional models.
- Brocade - 6940, BigIron, MLXe4, MLXe8.
- Adtran - MUX and CSU/DSU products.
- Understanding of certificate based authentication
Very strong troubleshooting skills to include use of Wireshark, Solarwinds, Cisco ISE, ability to review and understand Syslog and Alarm indications.
Ability to determine network threats to include discovery of rogue traffic while using tools such as Cisco Snort.
Ability to locate/determine jitter, latency, packet loss and correct and or provide solution.
Firm understanding of security principals/policies both logical and physical.
Strong teamwork/team building and communication skills.
Experience with creating detailed network diagrams (Logical and Physical depictions) while using Microsoft Visio.
- Certification - CompTIA Security +, CCNA, JNCIA.
- Experience with Unified Capabilities Testing.
- Experience configuring Session Border Controllers (SBC) Oracle and or Sonus products.
- Experience configuring and utilizing IXIA network test tool(s)/hardware platforms.
System Administration experience to include, managing multiple domains, groups policies, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), configuring and managing virtual machines/environments (VMware ESXi), configuration and application of HBSS/EPO, understanding of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (Commercial Vendors).
Understanding or familiar with Risk Management Framework (RMF).