U.S. CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR AT THIS TIME.
Our client in the Santa Monica, CA area is looking for Cisco Network Engineer (mid - senior) on a contract basis (minimum 12 months).
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day operational network engineering support
- Maintain and support ad-hoc the Corporate IT network infrastructure
- Partner with managed services to monitor and respond to support queuing systems and monitoring/alerting systems and participate in incident response
- Provide support and collaborate on network design and implementations
- Ensure network configuration and compliance standards are adhered to, and develop appropriate standards when incomplete, or out of date
- Support and collaborate on the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of network infrastructure systems and solutions
- Ensures information security protocols and practices are in place to protect unauthorized access and use of corporate data
- Establish technical specification(s) and test plan/test scripts for new systems/software or enhancements related to networks
- Perform system installation, integration, validation in collaboration with potential managed service vendor
- Other duties as assigned
- Cisco Certification (CCNA minimum, CCNP ideal).
- 5+ years of global enterprise experience with LAN, WAN, Wireless and Security technologies
- Professional experience with network technology infrastructure (switching, routing, protocols, firewalls, VPN's, WAN architectures, Load-balancing and DNS, Wireless).
- Experienced working with a variety of Cisco products (including Nexus/Catalyst line); experience with other manufactures big plus (Dell Switches, Aruba WLC/APs, etc.…)
- Experienced with Layer 2/3 protocols such OSPF, BPG, MPLS, STP, DMVPN.
- Strong knowledge of Software Documentation, n/GMP, Quality Control, n/GMPs, SOPs processes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work after hours as needed