As a Network Engineer you will be responsible for the operational health (Security, Availability, Performance, Interoperability and Reliability) of our client's data communications systems. You will support the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and administration of our client's data and voice communications systems. Network Engineers specialize in LAN/WAN, Wireless, and Telecommunications hardware, software and cabling. You will regularly work with our customer and their vendors to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements. You will be expected to suggest, promote, and use published standards to minimize environment complexity and ensure regulatory as well as license compliance.
- You will support the installation, maintenance, administration, technological refresh of the network.
- Support LAN and/or WAN hardware and configuration, user support, performance management, security and tuning of networks.
- You will work to incorporate best practices into standard methodologies for our clients.
- You will monitor the network for proper operations and respond to network outages.
- Implement changes to hardware and/or software that improve network performance, speed and connectivity.
- You will use network monitoring tools to provide a highly reliable network.
- Ensure adequate spare parts are on hand by monitoring usage of consumables (i.e. cables, connectors etc.) and order replacements as necessary.
- You will work with the Security Engineer from Corporate to roll out security solutions for our clients (including but not limited to: Firewall, Proxies, SIEM, Antivirus, Intrusion Detection, OS Hardening etc).
- You will be responsible for the communication to the Project Manager with relevant technical and operational details to ensure that the solution is pushed out with minimal impact to the site production environment.
- You will work with the Security or Cyber Defense team to fix detected vulnerabilities with systems and users to maintain high security standard.
- Involved in discussion and meetings related to Audit, Security Projects, DR efforts.
Qualifications And Experience:
- 3+ years required (5+ years preferred) in network technologies.
- Cisco Certification CCNA (CCDA and CCNP as a plus).
- Wireless LAN networks (Cisco solutions are preferred).
- Routing, switching technologies (Cisco solutions are preferred).
- Network acceleration and prioritization technologies (Cisco is preferred).
- You will maintain Firewall and Intrusion Detection/Protection technologies (Cisco and McAfee as preferred).
- Data Center Networking (Cisco Nexus solutions as preferred).
- VOIP, Voice communication system (Avaya/Polycom /Microsoft solutions as preferred).
- DNS, DHCP and IP Space management.
- Network monitoring and management tools.
- Good interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation, social).
- Demonstrable skills in decision-making, prioritization.
- Scripting as a plus.
- U.S Citizen required.
CIYIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.