Please send resume in Word format should you be interested in the following Network Engineer/Administrator position. This Network Administrator/Engineer position requires a Secret clearance and can be located in either Baltimore, MD or Vienna, VA. This is a permanent, direct-hire position with our client with a salary between 140-160K.
Candidates MUST be US Citizens
Candidates MUST have an active/current Secret Clearance
Candidates MUST be willing to wait 3-5 weeks for clearance process to be completed prior to starting the position.
As a Network Administrator, you will provide technical expertise and support for Database Management Systems supporting a very large Federal program.
What is in it for you?
- The selected candidate will become a key part of a dynamic Agile team with a mission to design, build, test, field, operate, maintain, and secure a federal-wide information technology (IT) service used by and supporting all federal civilians, military members, and government contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support new installation and configuration of Juniper network systems hosted in AWS GovCloud environment.
- Install and maintain various tools and systems in the AWS environment.
- Perform and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems in a DoD environment.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Assist users in accessing and using business systems.
- Create and maintain proper documentation for systems.
- Assess and recommend areas for improvement.
- Six years of direct experience within the past eight years required.
- Associates Degree or higher in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering).
- 10 or more years of general experience including at least seven years directly related experience may be substituted for the required degree.
- Experience in AWS GovCloud Networking (e.g. VPCs, security groups, network segmentation), preferably in a DoD CC SRG IL 4+ capacity
- Juniper Network experience
- Must have Secret clearance
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Experience as a Systems Administrator supporting an Agile/DevSecOps environment
- Strong RedHat Linux experience
- Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) experience
- Experience supporting customers in the Department of Defense
- MilCloud and/or experience support environments hosted within DISA Data Centers
- Juniper SRX experience
- Nagios and/or AppDynamics experience