We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
Primarily Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain expert level of company product knowledge and application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to resellers, integrators, and distributors.
- Assist sales engineering with responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Understand and convey customer requirements to other organizational functions.
- Perform technical/product training for internal team members and external customers/partners.
- Maintain accurate records of project plans, schedules, tasks, and reports in designated company databases/tools.
- Travel to project sites to perform deployment, set-up, commissioning, and training services.
- Configure and test network switches, AV, KVM, and other system components while also employing appropriate troubleshooting techniques for resolving network performance issues.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help maintain future growth.
- May assist product engineering with new product evaluation, testing, and qualification.
- Prepares and delivers sales and technical training; leverages question-based selling strategies advancing clients in their buying process.
- Stay current with technologies and trends and incorporate this knowledge into products and solutions to solve customer problems.
- Mentors and provides coaching/training for field service technicians. May assist with task management and performance feedback.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication with many diverse stakeholders
- Self-motivated and driven with a results-driven attitude, market-oriented approach, and a curious mind
- Experience or certifications in computer networking, signal switching, and visualization technologies.
- In depth understanding of Ethernet protocol/switching/packet processing and network architecture topologies.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting many of the following technologies: Principals of networking (layers 2 and 3); Virtual private networks IPsec and/or SSL; Network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and MPLS); Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Solid teamwork traits and the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Extensive travel is required primarily in North America with also the ability to depart with minimal advance notice
- Must have a valid United States (US) driver’s license ability to obtain a valid passport.
- Associates degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Computer Science; significant experience within this industry may be substituted for candidates without formal degree
- Minimum of 5 years of data networking experience in field service, data center or related IT technician environment.
- Industry and manufacturer specific certifications preferred (examples: A+, Server+, Network+, Microsoft Certifications).