KeyW is looking for a full-time Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician to monitor, triage, and escalate network infrastructure and applications issues to ensure network availability meets Service Level Agreements (SLAs). As part of the NOC team, you will be operating in a 24x7x365 environment. The ideal candidate must be a strong listener and communicator, team player, and able to interact and work cross-functionally.
- Monitor the FSIS Network Infrastructure and Applications and escalate the issues to the proper groups.
- Troubleshoot information technology issues, including networking, system/application access, software, and hardware (i.e. government-issued laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and peripherals), through service calls placed to the Service Desk and through internal inquires and work requests.
- Operate in a 24x7x365 environment and understand Service Level Agreements
- Screen and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of government-issued laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and peripherals.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide Tier 1/2 triage and troubleshooting support by working on the Service Desk Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) on an as-needed basis.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and recommend fixes to connectivity issues.
- Determine the urgency of need based on impact to business and speed of resolution. The priority of the incident is IT-driven based on expected effort and resource availability.
- Determine if an immediate resolution is available and if not escalate the ticket to Tier 2/3.
- Must have High School degree
- Must have 6 months of Help Desk and/or NOC experience
- Be willing to operate in a Modified Panama Schedule (3x 12h shifts and 1x 6h shift with 30min break)
- Being flexible to change shifts with a short notice as required
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess positive, professional interpersonal skills.
- Must have good communication skills via phone call, e-mail, voicemail, walkup, fax, or Web interface
- Be able to perform proper incident handling and reporting of customer issues.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Background Clearance.
- Prior experience with NOC Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Splunk, Riverbed.
- USDA FSIS and BMC Numara Footprints ticketing system experience preferred.
- Network+, Security +, or A+ certification(s) desirable.
Clearance Requirement: This position requires a Public Trust Clearance, based on current background investigation.
KeyW is an EEO employer. We are committed to providing fair and equal employment consideration, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
How to Apply?
Please click apply on the right.
Recruiting Point of Contact:
About the Organization
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.