What you’ll be doing...
The Program/project manager is responsible for proposal development as well as project management duties for implementation of services won in the proposal cycle. Therefore, this position is responsible for revenue generation by winning business and managing service turn up projects through to start of billing. Proposal writing duties include proposals for existing products and services as well as new revenue bearing customer applications that strengthen the company’s and department’s objectives. This individual is also responsible for developing product enhancements to the department’s existing suite of services and new standardized product offerings, including creating the corresponding product description and business model. Project Management duties include leading cross functional teams through all service implementation and product development activities. This individual is required to orchestrate the activities of multiple functional disciplines to deliver products and services to the customer. The candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented, and results driven. The ability to synthesize large complex customer business and technical requirements into manageable pieces, lead internal and external customer meetings, develop comprehensive proposal and implementation project schedules, and meet aggressive deadlines is required. This position also serves as the key customer point of contact for their programs. The PM works with both internal and external customers on a daily basis, and is expected to deliver customer and executive briefings on a variety of topics including status updates, technical issues/solutions, pricing, and schedule timelines. The PM candidate is expected to be a subject matter expert on their customer’s as well as department needs and will keep the customer informed on the products and services Verizon offers to meet those requirements.
- Functional Accountability: Responsible for the leadership of a work group and/or development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational or area strategies; communicates & translates functional/operational goals into team goals; manages implementation of policies and procedures.
- Manager of Projects: Responsible for all aspects of the development & implementation of more than one large project and provides a single point of contact for those projects - original concept thru final implementation.
- Functional Expert: Acts independently or member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable & efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives.
- Decision Making Authority: Receives broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction.
- Work Complexity: Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Knowledge and Skills: Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking. Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- PMP Certification.
- Eight or more years of relevant telecommunications experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, strong financial acumen as well as a strong technical understand of all aspects of telecommunications including voice, data and IP networking.
- Experience with business case development, proficiency with Microsoft Office including Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and a strong understanding of systems development, database management techniques and applications deployment.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Eligibility to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.