Job DescriptionJob #: 1025895
Job Title: Network Project Manager
Location: Plano, TX
Client: #1 Telecom Industry Leader
Type of Position: 1 year contract (with very good potential for extension/perm conversion)
•The client requires candidates to work on a W2 basis
- Your role will have a wide geography, primarily responsible for switch site, forced data center and Point of Presence (POP) decommissions, may include additional network infrastructure projects.
The program cares for Customer circuit migrations, the collection of Operations requirements, Network Builds, Methods & Procedures and testing to ensure the network and processes are repeatable in order to release for Operational Readiness.
- We will look to you to meet critical deadlines for medium to large cross-functional projects and solve the complex problems that the team may face along the way. Many of our complex projects require interaction at the Director/VP level and the development of Executive presentations.
- You are the type of person who sees a problem and gets it fixed no matter what.
- You enjoy the challenge of working through complex, cross-functional issues towards a transformational solution.
- You’re great at being detail oriented and thrive under the pressure of a deadline, but are also willing to be flexible when the situation is right.
- You are able to negotiate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence decisions that yield the best results for our company.
- Utilize agile project management practices to deliver on-time from project initiation to completion
- Maintain Confluence and JIRA processes
- Establish Cross Functional Project team
- Ensure all Network Method and Procedures are updated, if required
- Create support process flows
- Manage issue/risk identification and resolution
- Develop organizational and work breakdown structures and responsibility matrices
- Manage project resources; perform risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Drive Operations to Standard Operating Environment and document process flows
- Provide regularly scheduled Executive level reporting
- 5+ years of strong project planning and project management experience
- 4 year degree preferred, but not required if relevant work experience
- The candidate should be self-motivated, work well in a fast-paced and complex environment. Be able to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including executive management with excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented with strong project management, organization and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of our Network Operations Centers and Support Teams
- Must be able to clearly and regularly communicate any issues or risks and escalate appropriately
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally
•As a contract employee of Apex Systems, you are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Shorter Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts / Perks and our Referral Program.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.