|Reference # :||19-09023||Title :||Network Security Engineer|
|Location :||Marina del Rey, CA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/12/2019 / 11/29/2019|
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
3-6 month contract with potential to convert to perm
Work with a world leader in the development of computing technologies! We need an experienced Network/Security Operation Engineer to support core infrastructure and services. As a Network/Security Operation Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with other highly-skilled technology experts on complex systems and interesting technical challenges.
This position requires a range of existing skills and prior experience.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
Preferred experience includes:
• Arista/Cisco networking certification or commensurate networking experience
• Experience defining network security policies and overseeing their implementation.
• Experience with layer 2/3 networking, including ECMP, OSPF, BGP, etc
• Good understanding of Wireless Technology
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Candidates with significant experience in several of the following categories will be preferred:
• Manage network routers, switches, firewall, VPN devices, BGP peering, office branches network connectivity and IP phones (including troubleshooting)
• Palo Alto Networks firewalls
• Aruba ClearPass
• HPE/Aruba switches and wireless Client
• Experienced in design and implementation of global DNS, DNS BIND, Microsoft DNS & AD Integrated DNS
• Cumulus Linux, Arista
• Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, etc)
• Nagios or Prometheus metrics collection and trending/alerting tools
• Knowledge of scripting and coding in general for automating tasks
• Knowledge of scripting for network environment setup and management on AWS
• Oversee, maintain and administer computer networks.
• Manage, support, and upgrade (software and hardware) the infrastructure and facilities.
• Proactively identify and resolve system reliability and performance concerns.
• Provide analytical and technical expertise on system integration, installation, replacement and upgrades of servers and operating systems.
• Develop and maintain appropriate system documentation. Formulate standards for system management.
• Strong candidates will be self-motivated and ready to engage in lively technical give-and-take.
inSync will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.