Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining an integrated program to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of all information resources. Supports enterprise security applications and systems, enterprise firewall and intrusion detection/prevention systems, and security incident investigations. Assists in the development of assigned security initiatives and enhances knowledge of security technologies, issues, and direction.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences/ Electrical Engineering/related major or 5 years of equivalent work experience in network engineering required.
- 3-5 years working experience in data and voice network security, including experience in Internet technology and security related technology.
- 3-5 years working experience in the architecture, design, and deployment of 4 or more security technologies such as i) security auditing, assessment or penetration-testing tools and procedures, ii) high availability application layer and/or stateful inspection firewalls, iii) VPN gateways and remote access clients, iv) public key infrastructures including Certificate Authority (CA), Registration Authority (RA), and Certificate Repository (CR), v) secure Internet, intranets, and extranets, vi) distributed authentication systems and devices including smart cards and biometric devices, vii) network and host-based intrusion detection systems, and viii) security operations administration and management ix) anti-virus and anti-Malware solutions.
- 3-5 years working experience in developing information security policies, intrusion response and disaster recovery procedures, risk analysis, and in administering the operations of a complex security infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in designing and implementing infrastructure protection procedures and security and control measures to support information security programs.
- Provides consulting assistance in addressing security issues and in implementing security policies, procedures, and measures.
- Plans and manages assigned activities to ensure that objectives and schedules are met with limited oversight.
- Monitors, identifies, and assesses existing security technologies to determine exposures and risks.
- Assists with researching, implementing, & maintaining information & network security infrastructure including intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, DNS, internet protection, & endpoint security.
- Assists in developing and maintaining enterprise applications and systems.
- Assists the information technology department in upholding the integrity of IT infrastructure and its ongoing operations.
- Investigates and documents issues/incidents involving the information and network security infrastructure.
- Conducts forensic analysis for investigations related to legal or other cases associated with preventing or stopping potentially malicious activities.
- Technical Security Certification with a focus on network and\or security-related technologies highly preferred.
- Experience in Cisco router and switch product lines.
- Knowledge of security standards such as ISO, NIST, Microsoft Security, PCI, HIPAA Security Standards.
- Extensive protocol and standards experience including TCPIP, S/MIME, Radius LDAP, IPSEC, and PKI.
- Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and courteous manner.
- Able to work independently, provide exceptional customer service, establish necessary professional relationships, and interact effectively with external and internal customers from entry to executive management levels.
- Able to communicate technical and security-related concepts to department heads and technical and non-technical users.
- Able to gather needs, conduct root cause analysis, assess requirements, and provide strategies on preventive measures or network security solutions.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to improve the effectiveness, performance, and efficiency of the Network Security Engineer Team.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, and possess strong organizational skills including priority setting, planning, decision making, and effective management and use of resources to meet the competing deadlines of a variety of tasks, problems and projects.
- Working experience documenting issues and their resolutions in a computer system