Establishes, maintains and optimizes network performance by
- Planning, designing, implementing and maintaining all layers of the company network stack, from user access to the network edge to the WAN and beyond.
- Fulfill role as backup to other network engineers on projects and or support coverage
- Configuration and support of company Firewalls, routers, switches and other network equipment
- Planning, designing, implementing and maintaining all networking related services and connectivity needs of company public/private/hybrid cloud services.
- Performance monitoring and capacity planning of network and internet services/systems.
- Defining and maintaining company network standards, policies, plans and procedures.
Provides support to users of company network systems by
- Working with internal users to understand the business needs and current challenges that can be improved with network services.
- Representing the organization in telecommunication discussions; articulating the organization's strategy, policies and enforcement to stakeholder
- Working with Corporate IT security to ensure secure networking practices and designs are followed and maintained to reduce risk.
- Assist team members on projects and tasks and to improve team knowledge and expertise.
Assists Director, Corporate IT Communication & Security in developing, implementing, and monitoring the organization's enterprise security strategy and policies by:
- Keeping abreast of best practices and the latest developments in information security as well as traditional and cloud based networking
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and available network security tools
- Monitoring and detecting threats and malware information; responding timely to security threats
- Analyzing security requirements and researching solutions and best practices
- Gain a deep understanding of current security solutions
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by
- Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard Operating Procedures ("SOP")
- Assisting in establishing and enforcing departmental standards
- Ensuring the application of information security policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all Information Technology services
- Participating in the modification of company SOPs related to Information Technology Services
Serve as subject matter expert as it relates to the network and security architecture of private and hybrid cloud infrastructure environments by:
- Planning and building out secure, redundant and available virtual networks
- Researching and selecting necessary security solutions to manage risk in a business critical hosted environment.
- Maintaining and supporting network and security equipment / services critical to cloud networks
- Aid other departments and teams in successful deployment and troubleshooting of Bioclinica products / services into a private or hybrid cloud solution.
Contributes to team effort by
- Working with internal staff to resolve issues
- Exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization and departmental processes
- Helping others to achieve results
- Performing other duties as assigned
Maintains Technical and Industry Knowledge by
- Attending and participating in applicable company-sponsored training
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in information management systems) or equivalent professional experience.
- Any level Cisco network certification (such as CCENT or CCNA or above) is required.
- Entry level industry recognized security certification is a plus.
- 2+ years experience in Information Technology that included network specific tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to deploy and support enterprise level network devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless etc.
- Experience with SD-WAN, WAN-OPT, and Load Balancers.
- Current in information security best practices and global trends
- Working knowledge of MSFT security-related solutions and hardening processes and COTS security solutions.
- Experience using security solutions such as AV, SIEM, FIM, VPN, IPS, and internet security services.
- Past experience in building, designing, or supporting network and security infrastructure with public clouds (Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc).
Additional skill set:
- Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
Other: Computer work for long periods of time