|Title||Network and Security Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Hours per week||40|
|Description||Personal Growth. Expansion. Teamwork. Innovation. Be a part of a truly patient-first environment and an organization that cares about their employees.|
The Network & Security Engineer ensures proper design, implementation, support and administration of the Summit’s networks, network infrastructure and networking & telecommunication systems, performing maintenance, upgrades and repairs as necessary. The Network & Security Engineer also provides the vision and strategy necessary to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of electronic information. This position is responsible for communicating security risk levels to the IT Infrastructure Manager, creating and maintaining enforceable security policies & processes, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Performs engineering design and evaluations of current and future network systems, evaluating solutions and/or upgrades to combat current security threats.
• Lead the implementation, maintenance and administration of network hardware and security software in an enterprise environment.
• Protect the enterprise environment from the latest common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE)’s by means of software, hardware or air-gap deployments.
• Proactively protect the enterprise from zero-day exploits by means of developed data practice and use policies.
• Perform security assessments of enterprise systems to ensure compliance with designed policies, and conduct regular external audits. Take appropriate actions to resolve concerns identified by assessments & audits, and constantly work to improve audit results.
• Use software and/or hardware-based solutions to protect and control access to data in the enterprise, especially sensitive information.
• Address and resolve any issues brought up by office staff regarding network or telecommunications issues.
• Proactively communicate regarding security threats to the organization, and address any questions brought up by shareholders/leadership regarding publicized security threats.
• Act as an escalation point for team members as well as other business units regarding network and security issues and concerns.
• Consult with the IT Infrastructure Manager in the development and strategic implementation of network and security solutions.
• Lead in the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies and controls as they pertain to enterprise systems to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Lead in the design and development of network and security systems and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of the business.
• Aid in the formulation of business systems architecture plans, cost estimates, and ensuring projects align with department and business strategies.
• Provides active involvement in all and network, security and telecommunication areas.
• Design, deploy, secure, and maintain local and wide area networks.
• Develop and implement standards of use, operations and the security of company technology including networks, computers, mobile devices, storage (on premise and cloud solutions) and company data.
• Lead the communication with other departments in developing best practices and policies for server, workstation, or networked devices.
• Communicate with other departments in an effort to resolve security threats and limit enterprise exposure to potential attack vectors
• Ensures system-wide disaster recovery and incident response plans are in place.
Summit Health ASO, provides administrative and clinical support to our full spectrum of orthopedic care services in our sub-specialty clinics, walk-in care at our OrthoQUICK clinics, imaging, bracing, therapy, surgery, and post-surgical stays at our Care Suites. Our expert teams are part of the 900+ employees who partner to provide quality services and care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Summit Orthopedics is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing boards and/or agencies.
|Requirements||Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology preferred. Juniper, Cisco or similar certification preferred.|
• Five plus years of experience working in a multi-site, enterprise network environment
• Information Security knowledge and background
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor team members.
• Experience with phone systems/telecommunications systems.
• High level understanding of routing and switching.
• Hands-on experience with Cisco, Juniper and/or Extreme Network equipment (including the design, configuration, implementation, support and operation) and the interoperability with other brands of network hardware.
• Experience with design, implementation and administration of wireless networks.
• Experience with various network topologies.
• Experience with DNS, DHCP, SNMP, OSPF and BGP.
• Thorough knowledge of routing, Network Security and Network Design, including a strong knowledge of all OSI layers from application or physical, knowledge of ACLs, VLANs, Network Segmentation and experience with Syslog Monitoring.
• Understanding of LAN and WAN internetworking devices: functions of internetworking, linking devices (repeaters, bridges, routers, and gateways) configuring, routing IP addresses and subnetting.
• Working with multi-vendor next-generation firewall and VPN devices: Cisco and Palo Alto
o Cisco IOS and Cisco IOS-XE experience
o Cisco Nexus
o Cisco WLC
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Capacity to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have the ability to multitask on a regular basis.
• Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
|Send This Job to a Friend|