Job DescriptionJob #: 1014813
Our great client in Downtown Milwaukee has an immediate opening for a Network Solution Architect. This is a direct hire role. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will you make an impact?
- Collaborates with stakeholders and translates high-level business objectives into technical requirements and solution designs.
- Develops architectural patterns to simplify solutions and deliver high quality business outcomes.
- Facilitates quality solutions that are secure, performant, compliant, cost efficient, and support business continuity objectives.
- Gathers and follows architectural/design best practices from vendors, peers, and past experiences.
- Leverages strategic partnerships and vendor relationship management skills to accelerate and improve quality of solutions.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture, application, infrastructure, and security teams to deliver shared outcomes.
- Contributes to the development of technology roadmaps.
- Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Designs, creates, tests, and evaluates computer networks, including; local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), campus, datacenter, cloud, multi-site, internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Brings thought leadership around recent trends, including; network security, NGFW, automation, SDN, NFV, Micro-segmentation, AIOps, Hybrid Cloud, composable infrastructure, etc.
- Provides insight into how technology can impact our business and drive competitive advantages.
- Mentors, develops, and supports to co-workers.
- Leverages interpersonal savvy and communication skills to explain technical benefits and trade-offs of proposed solutions to gain buy in from diverse audiences.
- Delivers thoughtful and persuasive arguments to champion transformative changes.
- Develops standard processes and procedures for testing, deploying, and servicing.
- Supports development of project plans, test plans, and implementation plans.
- Identifies risks associated with business processes, operations, programs, and projects.
- Produces documentation, artifacts and designs, for technical and non-technical audiences
- Technical thought leader and team-builder, with the ability to lead teams and drive business outcomes across departments.
- Enterprise network subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and after-hours work. Must be periodically on call for after-hours support.
Do you have what it takes?
Education: Completion of Bachelor's Degree. Additional experience (2 years) beyond the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond an Associate Degree.
- Enterprise, Campus, and Datacenter networking
- Network Assurance and Security in a regulated environment
- Next Generation Firewalls - Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama preferred
- Route/Switch - Juniper Networks and JUNOS preferred
- Virtualization Networking - vSwitch, DVS, NSX etc. VMware preferred.
- Load balancing – F5, Citrix, Kemp, Envoy, or ELB etc. On-premise or Cloud
- Cloud Networking - multi cloud/site deployments, VPC, Vnet, express route, direct connect
- Scripting and Programming - such as PowerShell, bash, Python, REST, etc.
- DevOps, Automation, and Configuration Management
- Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting – Wireshark, TCP Dump, SNMP, Netflow, NPM
- IP Networking, MPLS, OSPF, Juniper VC/VCF, IPsec, BGP preferred; VXLAN, GENEVE, EVPN a plus
- Critical thinking
- Trusted peer
- Strong analytic and reasoning skills
- Resilient and adaptive
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 5 years advanced in area of specialization
- Requires general direction, independently define necessary tasks to achieve outcomes
- Perform multiple tasks of moderate complexity
- With limited direction, performs complex tasks
- Multi-task and achieve multiple deliverables
- Can be counted on to meet requirements
- Achieve goals, understand realization
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.